Back/Hip injury--time frame help please

jr0718

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
In June 2020, I injured my back and hip while on active duty COVID-19 orders. LOD was completed. After months of physical therapy, steroid injections, pain management meds, etc. the doctor "cleared" me to return to full duty even though he stated my back would never be "normal" again. Shortly there after I was placed on mission support orders with another unit on base. During this time my back/hip injury was aggravated lifting equipment. We (me and my chain) have struggled to get LODs finalized mainly due to incompetency with the medical squadron. Also during this time we discovered they never processed an LOD for the hip injury; only the back. Hip is being taken care of at this point though. I have a slew of diagnoses with my back and hip starting back from when I first incurred the injury.

The medical concerns led to a DAWG being convened in April 2022. I was told they pushed my medical package up to the next level. I, nor my commander, have yet to hear from a PEBLO. We are also currently awaiting the LODs to be finalized. A surgery is also on standby pending the approval of the LODs.

Can someone help me better understand what to expect moving forward with this? Is this a hurry up and wait situation?