Bipolar Type 2

Centomax

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Greetings everyone,

I was just coming by to recieve maybe some insight on what my rating/disposition could be for Bipolar Type 2. I took the below excerpt from my NARSUM. Any insight would be helpful and appreciated.

"The Soldier’s condition is not likely to improve sufficiently for
him to perform full duties of his office, grade, rank, or rating within 12 months. The
severity of his condition is not likely to worsen the next 3 years unless he is retained and
subjected to the rigors of active duty. The Soldier shall, in all likelihood, require
monitoring and treatment for his condition beyond the next 12 months."

Also, the condition onset is approximately Aug 2016, joined Army in July 2015. Conditioned was determined my MEB as not EPTS.

Your DBQ can help us tell what your rating will be. You should be able to see it in the documents section of Tricare Online (TOL). Looks like you will be found unfit and have a chance of getting it PDRL instead of TDRL. With that NARSUM I would appeal for PDRL if they find you unfit with TDRL. If you show us your DBQ from the C&P exam we can help you with an estimate of the DOD rating %.

Your DBQ can help us tell what your rating will be. You should be able to see it in the documents section of Tricare Online (TOL). Looks like you will be found unfit and have a chance of getting it PDRL instead of TDRL. With that NARSUM I would appeal for PDRL if they find you unfit with TDRL. If you show us your DBQ from the C&P exam we can help you with an estimate of the DOD rating %.
Thank you for the reply. I have attached numerous portions of the DBQ to this post. The only page I did not include was the evidence review portion as that contains personal health information.

Attachments

• DBQ 1.png
    DBQ 1.png
    237.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DBQ 2.png
    DBQ 2.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DBQ 3.png
    DBQ 3.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DBQ 4.png
    DBQ 4.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 54
Thank you for the reply. I have attached numerous portions of the DBQ to this post. The only page I did not include was the evidence review portion as that contains personal health information.
Based on this DBQ my best guess would be that the rates your behavioral health at 50%.

I anticipated 30% because my DBQ was checked "Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency..." but it came back with 70%, so hopefully you get better than you expect!

I anticipated 30% because my DBQ was checked "Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency..." but it came back with 70%, so hopefully you get better than you expect!
I got 50% for the Bipolar Disorder alone, TDRL. I got a total of 70% for VA.

I got 50% for the Bipolar Disorder alone, TDRL. I got a total of 70% for VA.
TDRL is very common for mental health. I hope you got the results you were looking for!