Finally, Preparation for Decision but also wondering..

Han Shot First

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have lurked here long enough and finally decided to sign up. I am going through what everyone else is here, just waiting on the black hole that is the Med Board.

I have almost 12 years in the Marine Corps and I have been dealing with my issues since Aug 2014. I Was told I would be going on a Med Board June 2015 and the PEB formally accepted my case in Feb 2016.

I got a glimmer of home yesterday when Ebenefits was updated to "Preparation for Decision." It may not seem like much but this was really exciting especially since I had duty last night.

Has anyone else had any luck with hearing back after Ebennies updates ? I haven't received anything from the Peblo or an Unfit memo but I can only assume that the Ebenefits update means I was found Unfit (hopefully)

Any help is very much appreciated !

Hope you find out more soon. It sounds like you have been found unfit. Best wishes. Mike

Hope you find out more soon. It sounds like you have been found unfit. Best wishes. Mike

Thanks Mike! I hope I hear back something soon as well. It's just frustrating being in limbo. No one really rushes to help since you're essentially dead weight.

Thanks Mike! I hope I hear back something soon as well. It's just frustrating being in limbo. No one really rushes to help since you're essentially dead weight.

Having been on this forum for many years, I agree that being in limbo is almost universally detested. Some units, but not all, are guilty of not helping their "dead weight." I was lucky, I went through the process twice and had great support both times, but being in limbo still was problematic! Best wishes. Mike

I was told today that I was found Unfit, but no timeline for when the VA will be done with their ratings. At least it's a step in the right direction!

Han Shot First,
I believe we are at pretty much the same point right now. Congratulations on the update. If you don't mind my asking, how did you receive official news that you were unfit? I haven't gotten any calls or anything myself, my only update being the "preparation for decision" notification in form of a second claim labeled IDES on 13 April.

Han Shot First,
I believe we are at pretty much the same point right now. Congratulations on the update. If you don't mind my asking, how did you receive official news that you were unfit? I haven't gotten any calls or anything myself, my only update being the "preparation for decision" notification in form of a second claim labeled IDES on 13 April.

That's what mine did as well, but that happened on the 30th of March. Today they finished and sent the notification letter. It took 16 days for the VA to do their thing. I hope your have a fast turnaround as well

That's what mine did as well, but that happened on the 30th of March. Today they finished and sent the notification letter. It took 16 days for the VA to do their thing. I hope your have a fast turnaround as well
I appreciate the feedback. When you say notification letter what do you mean exactly? Is that on ebenefits or something your PEBLO gets? I am not positive what the next update I am looking for should be. Do you have your ratings and everything back and now you're waiting on an EAS? Sorry for all the questions but I appreciate the information. Thank you.

What you wanna be looking for is that IDES claim that opened on the 13th to be in your historical claims. It will say complete and notification letter sent. That's what mine did! So by the sounds of it yours will probably be the same. I'm waiting for the ratings from the PEBLO. They just sent my stuff back to PEB

Han Shot First,

Mgav1,

Thanks! And my Medical guys told me, they have meetings every week with the PEBLO and they told me. Haven't gotten any unfit memos but that's all I know for now. I just jedi checking ebenfits throughout the day.

Not much of an update but the estimated completion has changed to 06/03/2016 - 06/25/2016. It was June 4-17th last week so it appears someone is working it somewhere.

Still waiting. No news on Ebennies and nothing from my PEBLO yet. Just twiddlin' my thumbs.

At least you know that you are unfit and are transitioning out im still in limbo with a preparing for decision on eben

At least you know that you are unfit and are transitioning out im still in limbo with a preparing for decision on eben

Man I am in limbo too. Not heard from my PEBLO in a couple months. Sent emails and called. Nada.

Small update, my ebenfits estimated completion date has changed to 21-24 May. Sooooo maybe they are getting close :D

same with me my eben updated from july-oct est compl to jun-sept heres hoping!!

same with me my eben updated from july-oct est compl to jun-sept heres hoping!!

im debating whether to hit the request a VA decision button to maybe expedite it....

im debating whether to hit the request a VA decision button to maybe expedite it....

I did this three days ago and still nothing.... I think my ebennies broken !!!