How Fast is MEB/PEB Timeline for AF Recently

mcdonaldj2323

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I know new guidance has accelerated the process for AF members going through the MEB/PEB. Anyone got a recent gouge on how long things are taking since late Summer 2018 to now? Trying to see if one year out from 20 years is realistic to make it from MEB initiation (ie; if things are completing in 6 months even with all appeals).

I got hit with meb at 18. I dragged it out through all appeal channels to make sure I got my 20. It sat with secaf for many months which helped get me over the hump. Had I not appealed anything it still took well over a year and several months.

Mine started at 18 as well, appealed at every level, SAF appeal sat for 10 months and received their verdict this week. Medical retirement at 19yr 2 months. Applying for LAS next week. Great LAS approval's lately for folks between 18-19 yrs, and lately the only folks being denied approval with more than 19 yrs are those on TDRL. Good luck, drag your feet as much as you can and hang in there.

If you were Guard you could make it till the 30 year mark before the paperwork would get through the system.

As you have seen, if you take all the time you are entitled to, use every avenue to delay; you have a good shot of making it a year. Sometimes when something sets on a desk for 10 months they are doing you a favor!