I know I need to be more patient... (venting)

Tankergeebs

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
- So I sent a copy of my records in vial certified mail in Feb 2017. I have waited every 4 (more like 6) months to send out a status email. I keep getting the standard your case file is still in records collection phase. A few weeks back I sent in an email based on another forum post to see if in the transition to one Air Force base in Washington from Texas, any additional materials may be needed. I received an email back about stating that is not normally how our process flows and that they are willing to accept my information via email but be careful about sending PII over the internet... Been through 3 different breaches of my information from different government agencies so I think I am a bit informed about that)

-So I decided to take the high ground. This is my reply back:

I am sorry, I misspoke. I meant I could mail the documents again if needed I have a majority of my records in paper form. Just in case I am still in the record receiving phase. I am sorry about that. I just want to be as helpful as I can be in getting the board all the information that would be needed. Thank you for the prompt response and my apologies for the confusion.

Very respectfully
Tankergeebs (put my real name current address and current phone number in there)

- No response from the board came from this so I sent in a status question email stating:

My apologies in this but I would like to know the status of my case. Thank you for taking the time to response to my previous email and hopefully I am not being too much of a pain. Thank you.

Tankergeebs

- I got another standard email back:

Mr. Tankergeebs,

Our Current mailing address:

SAF/MRBD (PDBR)
3351 CELMERS LANE
JBA NAF WASHINGTON, MD 20762-6435

Your case file is currently in the records collection phase. This record collection process normally takes about 12-18 months. Once compiled, your case will be sent to the PDBR Board for review and adjudication. Finally, the Board's recommendation will be sent to your Service Secretary's designated decision authority for final action. Because of our detailed level of review, this process may take as much as 30 months.

You can e-mail us at any time to check the status of your case, but checking every four months or so would be more reasonable. Please use your case number in the subject line when making inquiries.

- It is now the 19th month since I sent the information in certified mail.... Should I still be even keel with this and leave it alone to work itself out or should I be upset that I feel like I keep on getting brushed aside? Thinking about a congressional intervention at this point but I also think that going that route would be more trouble for my case and lead to a decision of being rushed to a possible denial or even the taxed staff to not look very kindly on my case because I went that route. I know I pry should just be more patient on this and let cooler heads prevail but just trying to work this all out before I let my emotions get the better of me.

Any thoughts?

I think you will not get another result until your case moves up to the top of the stack. 2+ years is standard. The untimeliness is standard and frustrating. The VA has worked to become more timiley; DoD has not.

At least your case is in he records collection phase. I sent my packet 8 months ago, and they still haven't requested my records. The response I got is that they have a large amount of cases awaiting records, and that they will not send any new records requests until they clear out the backlog of cases in front of mine. So I am in the initial workup phase. I don't know if they relocating has had an effect on this or not, but I have pretty much written off this process and will just wait. I am keeping receipts from all of my medical expenses so if a do get approved, I can get back pay for that.

yea man, your right in there with the rest of us. I too submitted in Feb 2017. Records have been collected as of a few months ago, and that's about all I know.

Yeah I think I have given up. I mean 12 years have come and gone since I was separated. So hypothetically if this get the results I want that's 12 years of retirement that will be gone, that I never got to experience. Let's face it. This process is screwed up. They either don't know what the hell they are doing or are lacking manpower or who knows. It's sad, I stopped checking in with those people a while back and really I will probably be dead before I ever hear from them. Thanks Uncle Scam.