IDES Timeline

What happens if you are found fit?
If you are found fit and accept the results you return to normal duty. If you don't want to be found fit, you apply for an FPEB on your EOO form and wait for the scheduled hearing. You'll fly to DC and make your case in front of a panel of people and then they decide.

How do they determine if someone is fit or not isn’t it by your condition and rate? My career counselor said all they people she has seen them found fit was placed on permanent shore duty
They determine fitness based on a reasonable ability to do your job. So if you have anxiety issues and your job is extreme fast paced stressful environment then you'll probably get found unfit. But if you have anxiety issues and you're say a YN you'll probably be found fit. What they use is your med docs for referred condition, narsum and your command NMA.

I’m a cook with seafood allergy so I definitely can’t do my job but some people on here tell me the peb will just cross rate me and I’m just confused because my lawyer said the peb can’t cross rate if you are found fit i am going back to be a cs

If you are found fit and accept the results you return to normal duty. If you don't want to be found fit, you apply for an FPEB on your EOO form and wait for the scheduled hearing. You'll fly to DC and make your case in front of a panel of people and then they decide.
My friend just did her FPEB virtually too via zoom. So that’s an option other than flying to DC. And if you elect for an FPEB I was told to expect it to not be scheduled until 6-12 months out.

I’m a cook with seafood allergy so I definitely can’t do my job but some people on here tell me the peb will just cross rate me and I’m just confused because my lawyer said the peb can’t cross rate if you are found fit i am going back to be a cs
You will not get cross rated in the Ides process. You'll either be found fit as a CS or get found unfit and discharged through medical sep or medical retirement.

This reply is to add on to your comment not refute it.

I have seen it where people think that the VA having a proposed rating means that they have been found unfit. But the VA will start going through the claim as soon as the exams are done and make a proposal for the board.

People can also see a closed claim on the website and not realize that it is actually an admin thing so that they can send those ratings to the board.

Do there is a lot of confusion with these steps and people tend to use words interchangeably, which just adds to the confusion.

Not to mention everyone's case is different. And that just adds to the confusion.
The confusion comes from the DoD and Navy standards for how the board works. It's worded that you don't receive proposed rating until you've been found unfit.

According to the rules on the signed order, fit/unfit, then they send it to get your ratings.

Sure we may not see that, but within the workings of the board, that is the written order of operations.

Got my orders today.
Overall timeline:
1. Referred to Med board 21 Jan
2. VA exams complete 4 April
3. Local MEB, NARSUM, Personal Impact statement uploaded April 23rd to PEB.
4. Accepted May 4th by PEB
5. August 4th submitted Memo to the board
6. August 14th got word from Lawyer adjudicated as unfit
7. August 18th findings sent to PEBLO
8. August 18th signed DES election of options (think this is what people are calling a 199)
9. August 20th PEBLO uploaded and sent back to PEB
10. Sept 2nd index received by PERS-95 to start writing orders(will get contacted by these people to pick your retirement/seperation date)- I was given POC information at PERS by my PEBLO, and I was writing them early checking in to see if they got the Index from PEB
11. Sept 7th told orders are written and in chop chain- here I contacted my personal detailer and had them walk the orders through the chop chain. They got held up a costing department for a few days as the navy is short on funding and was waiting for more money to release my orders.
12. Sept 14th- received my orders.
13. Total process from submission on the 24th of April till i got my orders to get out was - 144 days.
Good luck all and hope you get some answers soon.

Can my disability attorney be able to tell me you think? My peblo is out for the week
There is no harm in trying brother.
I don't think you've been found unfit already when people from April haven't gotten their results yet. The medical officer is who decides fit vs unfit. The Navy PEB doesn't determine ratings per se which is why they use the VA ratings. They base it off what the VA says. So here's what the timeline is, MEB narsum is sent back, it goes to the PEB, The PEB process your kit to make sure they have all they need. Then it goes into the que. it will wait for a medical officer to review it and assign a fit vs Unfit determination. If they find you Unfit they will send a request to the VA for their rating. The VA sends back and the Board will determine if they want to keep the VA or be more conservative. Then it'll go to a secondary officer who "approves" it. Then it'll go through post Adjudication QA and then you get your findings back. The picture below is a snippet of the paper you'll get back on your findings. As you can see nothing happened on my case until AUG 25th. I submitted April 19th. If you've already been found unfit by a medical officer you somehow skipped thousands of cases.
ok. I dont have much information on this. I just copied and pasted what my PEBLO told me in an email. I hope she is not lying to me lol. But thank you for picturing the timeline for me. I guess, i dont have any other choice but to wait for my informal PEB rating.

There is no harm in trying brother.

ok. I dont have much information on this. I just copied and pasted what my PEBLO told me in an email. I hope she is not lying to me lol. But thank you for picturing the timeline for me. I guess, i dont have any other choice but to wait for my informal PEB rating.
is your username your MOS? are you Navy?

No I am not navy. I know this forum is Navy i realized that later. I am in Army reserves. But the timeline should be much different though right?
Timeline will be very different. Army is getting theres extremely fast. Infact Army has a whole tracking sheet on AKO that you have access to, ask your PEBLO how to get on it.

Timeline will be very different. Army is getting theres extremely fast. Infact Army has a whole tracking sheet on AKO that you have access to, ask your PEBLO how to get on it.
Yeah I have heard about the tracking system. I checked that one out. And trust me its not accurate. They are still showing in MEB step it was done 2 months back.