IDES Timeline

Your unit can't prevent you from taking leave nor can they deny you from submitting it regardless of their stupid timeline. If you have 68 days saved up and you are getting medically retired (30%+) you will get 20 days PTDY that puts you essentially at the NLT 90 day mark you are going to get. Essentially, what I would do is once you get your MEB complete and you hit Transpoc and have your NLT date get your DA31 submitted with as many days as possible. If you don't want to deal with your unit while clearing then you can clear on leave and so forth. But regardless always remember leave is a RIGHT.
Just wanted to reply because I don't think this is completely accurate. I'm pretty sure the PTDY is not required for them to give you. In my case mine actually got denied.

Just wanted to reply because I don't think this is completely accurate. I'm pretty sure the PTDY is not required for them to give you. In my case mine actually got denied.
You are correct, your unit can deny your PTDY. Depending on your situation and everything they have that right. It takes a special kind of person to deny someone that though in my opinion. So you can look up the entire regulation if you want to see if you want to fight it or not. It is AR 600-8-10, Section 5-35. The entire section talks about PTDY and what someone is authorized to take depending on what type of discharge and so on. There are a lot of things that lower enlisted SMs are not informed about, so if you have questions, please ask and I will see if I can clear some of them up.

You are correct, your unit can deny your PTDY. Depending on your situation and everything they have that right. It takes a special kind of person to deny someone that though in my opinion. So you can look up the entire regulation if you want to see if you want to fight it or not. It is AR 600-8-10, Section 5-35. The entire section talks about PTDY and what someone is authorized to take depending on what type of discharge and so on. There are a lot of things that lower enlisted SMs are not informed about, so if you have questions, please ask and I will see if I can clear some of them up.
Yeah my unit won’t approve it. And now they have a new company policy that all leave must be submitted for approval 40 days in advance. And because of the amount of leave I have and the final NLT date being 90 days I won’t be able to use all my leave. The last guy who ran into this in my unit was told to just sell it. Which when your receiving bah, you lose a ton of money.

Yeah my unit won’t approve it. And now they have a new company policy that all leave must be submitted for approval 40 days in advance. And because of the amount of leave I have and the final NLT date being 90 days I won’t be able to use all my leave. The last guy who ran into this in my unit was told to just sell it. Which when your receiving bah, you lose a ton of money.
This is the point when you discuss your options with legal and IG (if they are only doing it to MEB SMs). The reason I say this is because of the simple fact that leave is a right and NO individual can force you to sell your leave. Now the reason I say this is not because I just want to be like "Go tell your command to blank off", however, your command may not know your entire situation. Did you know that throughout your ENTIRE military career you can only sell back a maximum of 60 days. If you have been in the military as long as I have and reenlisted numerous times, selling 60 days happens all the time. What do they expect you to do then? Lose out on something you EARNED? I think not.

I don't want you to get upset by any means but it is time for you to get a copy of this SIGNED "policy letter" and contact legal or IG, depending on the situation. I would for sure be contacting someone if I were you. This is your money; something you earned; something rightfully yours.

This is the point when you discuss your options with legal and IG (if they are only doing it to MEB SMs). The reason I say this is because of the simple fact that leave is a right and NO individual can force you to sell your leave. Now the reason I say this is not because I just want to be like "Go tell your command to blank off", however, your command may not know your entire situation. Did you know that throughout your ENTIRE military career you can only sell back a maximum of 60 days. If you have been in the military as long as I have and reenlisted numerous times, selling 60 days happens all the time. What do they expect you to do then? Lose out on something you EARNED? I think not.

I don't want you to get upset by any means but it is time for you to get a copy of this SIGNED "policy letter" and contact legal or IG, depending on the situation. I would for sure be contacting someone if I were you. This is your money; something you earned; something rightfully yours.
That is my next step for sure. I’m waiting on the 199 to get back so I can drop the DA31 on them. IG said they need to deny it formally first before anyone can do anything and I haven’t formally submitted it. I have a copy of their company policy letter on leave/pass requests it’s directed to all soldiers in the unit not just MEBs. The best part of this whole thing is my soldiers don’t get their signed leave or any notification their leave is approved until the day they sign out and sometimes not even then. I released two soldiers last month without a DA31 for their leave (lucky it was local). There has been several complaints filed regarding leave with this unit. They also make us sign counseling’s not to buy plane tickets until our leave is approved…how do you buy plane tickets when your leave isn’t approved until the day of? But yet you submitted it 40 + days in advance.

I’m just ranting at this point..haha. This unit has by far been the arm pit of the army for me. I hate that I’m leaving my soldiers in it.

That is my next step for sure. I’m waiting on the 199 to get back so I can drop the DA31 on them. IG said they need to deny it formally first before anyone can do anything and I haven’t formally submitted it. I have a copy of their company policy letter on leave/pass requests it’s directed to all soldiers in the unit not just MEBs. The best part of this whole thing is my soldiers don’t get their signed leave or any notification their leave is approved until the day they sign out and sometimes not even then. I released two soldiers last month without a DA31 for their leave (lucky it was local). There has been several complaints filed regarding leave with this unit. They also make us sign counseling’s not to buy plane tickets until our leave is approved…how do you buy plane tickets when your leave isn’t approved until the day of? But yet you submitted it 40 + days in advance.

I’m just ranting at this point..haha. This unit has by far been the arm pit of the army for me. I hate that I’m leaving my soldiers in it.
Dang, that just sounds like a horrible time and some toxic leadership (Fort Hood?? lol). IG will square you away for sure if it comes to that. If you have used the channels and spoke with your command team and BN/BDE (depending on the issue location), then that is the route you must go. Sorry you and your Soldiers are having to deal with that and that leadership, however before you depart, you should speak with your Soldiers and let them know this is the EXACT reason we have command climate surveys and open door policies. If issues aren't getting resolved at the lowest level, someone always has a boss.

Still no 199 or finding from PEB. Officially sent in my job offer letter 28 July. Hopefully I will hear something soon. PEBLO said he was sending it to the PEB and they would determine if it was cause to expedite. My job starts Sept 1st and they have already held the position a month for me. They said they can’t hold it any longer. So I’m pretty pissed off with the lack of information on timelines. I’m not sure how they expect us to get gainful employment but without any information on timelines. To further cause issues my unit refuses to accept leave without 40 days notice!! So I have no idea how I am even going to get terminal leave when I have 68 days of leave to use.
How long after you submitted your job offer memo did you get your 199?

How long after you submitted your job offer memo did you get your 199?
I just got my 199 yesterday. I spent about 70 days in the PEB phase. At the 65 day mark I contacted my ombondsman and then found out that my job offer was never submitted to the PEB. Immediately contacted legal and the lead peblo I had my 199 two days after this happened my 199 was signed August 17.

I just got my 199 yesterday. I spent about 70 days in the PEB phase. At the 65 day mark I contacted my ombondsman and then found out that my job offer was never submitted to the PEB. Immediately contacted legal and the lead peblo I had my 199 two days after this happened my 199 was signed August 17.
Yeah I submitted mine Tuesday and got my 199 today.

Turned in my retirement packet today. They said I should have orders Monday or Tuesday. I submitted my terminal leave. Got really lucky and just happened to have a friend in a position of power that was able to hand walk my 31. Kinda went around the typical channel and my chain with this but at this point I don’t have time to deal with the BS. So I’m expecting that back next week and my terminal leave to start first week of SEPT.
Anyone know what happens if your out processing doesn’t get finished prior to leave starting? I’m hoping I can just sign out a couple days after my leave begins if it comes to that without having to completely resubmit my leave.

Turned in my retirement packet today. They said I should have orders Monday or Tuesday. I submitted my terminal leave. Got really lucky and just happened to have a friend in a position of power that was able to hand walk my 31. Kinda went around the typical channel and my chain with this but at this point I don’t have time to deal with the BS. So I’m expecting that back next week and my terminal leave to start first week of SEPT.
Anyone know what happens if your out processing doesn’t get finished prior to leave starting? I’m hoping I can just sign out a couple days after my leave begins if it comes to that without having to completely resubmit my leave.
Finish clearing and outprocessing on leave.... You won't have to deal with your unit that way either.... Sounds like a win with you and the way your unit is anyways.

SAME man! My last day is Sept 8, unit tried to get me to extend but I was like nope ETS is 1 Oct im not extending, and boom now my term leave is 8 sept, cant wait to high tail it outta here and never look back.

Hey all, I wanted to post my timeline and see if anyone else is in a similar spot. I also wanted to share my experience in the process and hopefully help others out who may have questions. So far my process has been relatively smooth. It appears that the VA and MEB/PEB is finally working through the COVID backlog.

The biggest thing I have learned is to be your own advocate! I have stayed in constant contact with my PEBLO, VA Rep, and Docs. The first thing that I noticed was that the VA rep will tell you to wait for a call for your C&P exams. You do not need to wait. I looked up my local QTC office and called them directly 48hrs after submitting my claim. They already had my claim on file and told me they work off a list in the order the claims are submitted, but if you call them they will schedule your appts that day. So I had all my exams 3 weeks from calling the QTC line (first availability). The second thing is that once your exams are back they are posted to your Tricare patient portal. You can see them long before they make it back to your PEBLO. I took the exams and logged into VA.gov and uploaded them myself to my claim. Then you have the option to complete at 5103 notice of acknowledgement that you have submitted all your documents and want the VA to make a decision with only those documents. I did this and within 24hrs my VA portal updated to preparation for decision. Lastly, the VA seems to tell everyone they mail you letters. I have yet to receive any letters via the mail. But once you see on the portal they sent you a letter you can wait 10 days, call the VA hotline and request they email you the letter. I had to do this with my developmental letter and I assume I will end up doing the same thing for my ratings. After speaking with my PEBLO and the MEB doctor its estimated I should have my 199 back with ratings around August (worst case scenario).

I know that this process can be extremely long and frustrating for a lot of people. It seems that a lot of the process is luck of the draw. I have been fortunate to have a great PEBLO who always responds within a few hours of shooting him an email. It also seems to depend on the case and how many conditions you are claiming for the MEB stage. All my claims have been heavily documented in my medical record for over a year. I was told that this is also why my case has been moving quickly, everything was already in my record and the C&P exams concurred with those records.

Timeline:
MEB Referral: 4/22/21
VA claim: 4/29/21
Med Exam: Complete all C&P exams on 5/21/21
NARSUM Completed: 6/3/21
MEB: 6/8/21
IPEB: In process
VA ratings: In process at preparation for decision as of 6/3/21

Claims:
Lumbar Degenerative Arthritis, intervertebral disc syndrome (Unfit)
L5-S1 spondylolisthesis lower lumbar (unfit)
Sciatic Radiculopathy, left leg (unfit)
Mental Health (Fit)
Tinnitus (Fit)
Sciatic Radiculopathy, Right leg (Fit)
So I hate to be the one the give you bad news but I have been in the IPEB stage for 93 days. It went for “signatures” on August 10th and it’s still sitting at signatures. I have Ben going through the process since Feb

So I hate to be the one the give you bad news but I have been in the IPEB stage for 93 days. It went for “signatures” on August 10th and it’s still sitting at signatures. I have Ben going through the process since Feb
Hey I actually submitted a job offer letter on July 28, but it never got sent to the PEB. Contacted legal and my ombundsman august 16th which was my 62nd day in the PEB. They found out the job offer never got sent and forwarded it immediately I had my 199 signed on august 17th and back to me on the 18th. So if you have not gotten anything yet I would try to job offer route or at the very least reach out to your ombundsman and request information on why yours has taken so long. I was told that after 60 days in the PEB you can contact them and they can expedite it regardless due to the amount of time youve already been waiting. Good luck! Im actually out on 7 SEP. Very excited to be done!

Hey I actually submitted a job offer letter on July 28, but it never got sent to the PEB. Contacted legal and my ombundsman august 16th which was my 62nd day in the PEB. They found out the job offer never got sent and forwarded it immediately I had my 199 signed on august 17th and back to me on the 18th. So if you have not gotten anything yet I would try to job offer route or at the very least reach out to your ombundsman and request information on why yours has taken so long. I was told that after 60 days in the PEB you can contact them and they can expedite it regardless due to the amount of time youve already been waiting. Good luck! Im actually out on 7 SEP. Very excited to be done!
What’s the ombudsman number?Im in LDES and I been waiting since April

I’m in the navy,I found it I sent a message thank you!!,Ive been waiting for more than 60 days is it a guarantee they’ll help?
I don’t think anything is guaranteed in this process! But from reading all these forums and personal experience it seems like contacting them gets results.