Just got my MEB back seperation with severance but says its not combat related

lukky_right

Registered Member
Everything is right with my MEB from the AF except it says the injury didnt happen in a combat zone. How do I get it changed so I dont get taxed on my severance and I can still get my disability rating from the VA instead of having to wait for them to zero out the balance from my severance pay.
Thanks to all in advance

I forgot to add, it did happen in a combat zone but I didnt go to the clinic, so I have no Documentation from the actual injury date. My shoulder dislocated and we just put it back in, felt okay and went on with the job. turns out it did some pretty serious damage. after being back for about a year, it wouldnt stay in socket at all, so thats when i had it looked at.

Are u in the new DES pilot program? Did you get your VA rating as well? When did you start your PEB?

You may have to appeal and or go to the formal board to make the point. Did the IPEB know about where the injury happened?

Mike

If you did not annotate this on your Post Deployment assestment your screwed. For a shoulder injury you will not get deployment related/war zone related...etc You have to have a severe injury while deployed......like a lost leg, eye.....etc Anytime you deploy and fill out your Post Deployment assestment put everything that happen to you while deployed....even if it was a cold! EVERYTHING......cuz that cold could have started a heart problem or something later on that now u have the documentation for.