Possible EAOS extension and no definitive answers.

ZJones1994

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all, I am currently having an issue finding out if my EAOS will change as a result of my third LIMDU starting. I was due to separate (not medically just end of 4 years) on 30SEP17 and I recently had a second surgery for my knee (late June). I was initially told I would have to extend and the surgeon told me I should follow up with the base LIMDU POC. I explained my situation to him and he said it was up to the Surgeon and he had no say. I followed up with my surgeon at my first post op and he said we would have to wait and see. I have been in PT for close to 2 years now and I was advised by them to make sure I finish this treatment (which would be 4-6 months) otherwise I could end up hurting it again. My next follow up with my surgeon is next week and I still have no answer.

My command is wanting my separation package done but I'm being told by medical I cant do a separation physical due to my LIMDU. PSD has given multiple answers and my command LIMDU coordinator was no help. Does anyone here have any experiences dealing with this situation? My 3rd LIMDU expires on 24DEC17 if that's any help.

After your second consecutive LIMDU your PCM should have looked into starting a medical board. Talk with the PCM and see if that is an option. You will be involuntary extended if you have a pending medical board, not sure about just being LIMDU though.

So there was a 5 month or so gap between LIMDU's 1 and 2 but 2 and 3 are consecutive. Does that still apply?

Ok I miss spoke a little I think. When I said LIMDU I was referring to missed PRT's. While you were LIMDU did you participate in the PRT?

Ok. I wish I had an instruction to give you but I don't. I would make an appointment with your PCM and ask him/her if a medical board is warranted. Like I said as soon as i missed my 2nd consecutive prt medical made an appointment for me and doc initiated the board. Unfortunately doc is the only one who can start the board and your opinion doesn't mean a thing.

For future reference to whoever might need it:
OPNAVINST 6110.1J Para 5, Subsection C

Failure to Meet PFA Standards. Meeting minimum PFA
standards are a condition of continued naval service.
Members with PFA failures will be subject to administrative actions.
Members failing to meet BCA or PRT standards shall participate in an FEP. Members failing to meet PFA standards three times in the most recent 4-year period shall be processed for administrative separation (ADSEP) from the Navy.

For future reference to whoever might need it:
OPNAVINST 6110.1J Para 5, Subsection C

Failure to Meet PFA Standards. Meeting minimum PFA
standards are a condition of continued naval service.
Members with PFA failures will be subject to administrative actions.
Members failing to meet BCA or PRT standards shall participate in an FEP. Members failing to meet PFA standards three times in the most recent 4-year period shall be processed for administrative separation (ADSEP) from the Navy.
Disregard this wrong reference!

Correct one, OPNAVINST 6110.1J Para 5, Subsection D
Medical Waiver Management. Members with two consecutive medical waivers or three in a 4-year period shall be referred to the military treatment facility (MTF) for a medical evaluation board (MEB). MEB findings shall be forwarded to Navy Personnel Command (NAVPERSCOM), Career Progression Department (PERS-8) for disposition.