Ratings Received. Thanks To All.

Yeah I got my exactly one month to the day. Had I not taken action tho... It would have prob still been there. Here's what happened. So I called my MSC asking if she could check into the status of my stuff with the VA. She proceeded to yell at me for calling her and berating me asking who told me to call her. After that convo, I called my Congresman's District Office and spoke to their mil/vet affairs guy. I used to work as a legislative intern in both district and DC for a congressman up in PA so I knew exactly what to say and who to talk to. He's also a long-standing member of the House Armed Services Committee so he also has a bit more pull. Within a few days, I get a call from them saying my stuff has been turned over to the PEB as well as a Congressional filed against my now former MSC (I no longer deal with said person). That probably helped to get my speedy turnaround.

My advice to everyone who's still at the VA portion, call your rep. The VA already had a bad rep due to recent happenings so they will prob gladly assist. The more people do it, the more light gets shined on this process and hopefully in turn we help others down the road who have to deal with this process.

Wow...bs that you were treated like that. My MSC is a very elderly, disgruntled and ill man...he's never in a good mood because he's in severe pain...yet, through all of that he's been my #1 go to guy. He's the only one that helped through the entire process.

Yeah I had no fucks to give so I didn't feel bad about throwing that one under the bus and have it back over them a few times. I don't take kindly when someone becomes an obstacle in my life especially something like this whole process you're your best advocate.

Yeah I got my exactly one month to the day. Had I not taken action tho... It would have prob still been there. Here's what happened. So I called my MSC asking if she could check into the status of my stuff with the VA. She proceeded to yell at me for calling her and berating me asking who told me to call her. After that convo, I called my Congresman's District Office and spoke to their mil/vet affairs guy. I used to work as a legislative intern in both district and DC for a congressman up in PA so I knew exactly what to say and who to talk to. He's also a long-standing member of the House Armed Services Committee so he also has a bit more pull. Within a few days, I get a call from them saying my stuff has been turned over to the PEB as well as a Congressional filed against my now former MSC (I no longer deal with said person). That probably helped to get my speedy turnaround.

My advice to everyone who's still at the VA portion, call your rep. The VA already had a bad rep due to recent happenings so they will prob gladly assist. The more people do it, the more light gets shined on this process and hopefully in turn we help others down the road who have to deal with this process.

Luckily my MSC is awesome never stop helping and he is by the book to. It also helps that he use to be a rater for the VA so he's been very helpful with the entire process. But the Peblos have been the issue. I finally got a hold of the one that actually cares to help or give status updates. Every time I have called the VA I've never had an issue though. I will defiantly give an update for next week.

Well I didn't sign my stuff yet.... but I'm 50%VA, 40% DoD /w TDRL. They wanted me to talk to a lawyer first before I sign but I've made up my mind I'm going back tomorrow singing my stuff and ending this. I was expecting a severance and I got a (temporary for now) retirement. Time to go take my chips and cash out.

0311eblow - are you asking about contacting your rep?

Well I didn't sign my stuff yet.... but I'm 50%VA, 40% DoD /w TDRL. They wanted me to talk to a lawyer first before I sign but I've made up my mind I'm going back tomorrow singing my stuff and ending this. I was expecting a severance and I got a (temporary for now) retirement. Time to go take my chips and cash out.

0311eblow - are you asking about contacting your rep?

When did your ratings go back to the PEB

I believe tomorrow is my 100th day of waiting since the VA has forwarded my ratings back to the PEB. Package is good, just waiting on final signatures. What are the things to say and how do you spin it when speaking with a congressional aid? Obviously the 12 day estimated composition vs 100 day actual is one of them, but any other bits of advice before I try this approach?

I've exhausted all other avenues, Soldier Counsel, CMD Teams, CG, PEBLO etc. They all say the same thing, once it's with the PEB, it's in a mystical place of unicorns and drunken midgets that no one quite understands

@DocMonty and everyone else who wants to initiate a Congressional Inquiry:

The process is pretty easy and straight forward. If you do call your rep/senator I can tell you, from someone who used to work on the Legislative side(worked for one of the PA reps both in district and on The Hill) before joining the Navy to call their district office, not the DC office. The district offices are more geared towards constituents issues; DC is more policy.

http://www.house.gov/ - use the Find Your Legislator link in the upper right hand corner and enter in your zip code. It will give you a link to your Rep's website and give you the contact number you need. When you call state your name, rank/rate <insert service here> and want to speak to their military/veterans affairs person (EVERY office has at least one person who deals with these specific issue). When they forward you to that person, state that you're going through the <insert service here>'s MEB/PEB process and you're at <insert stage of process here>. Explain precisely what's going and have your timeline and dates of milestones of the process ready so you can paint them a good picture. If they do not forward you to that person because they are away, etc, still leave your contact info and they will get back to you. Most likely at some point they'll ask you to sign a release form so that they can act on your behalf. It's standard procedure so go ahead and fill the form out and send it back. You'll then get a case worker who will be solely responsible for your case (but don't feel afraid to contact their mil/vet person) and your rep will be made aware of your issue. Most of the time mil/vet issues get brought to the direct attention of the rep, if you have a good one. Within a few days you should get a letter from your rep stating they have assigned someone to your case and then you'll be notified on their results via email/phone as well as mail.

http://www.senate.gov/index.htm - upper right hand corner you can select your home state and that will pull up your two senator's and their websites, and from there you can get their district office numbers. Rinse and repeat the same info for talking to their mil/vet rep.

Hope this all helps everyone. Think about it this way - the more people who utilize them and make them aware of what's going on, the stronger likelihood they will begin to examine this whole process and try to make it better for those down the road who would be going through this. Every time a constituent calls, they have to log it in the database. So IE - I call. Person who takes the call goes in, pulls me up in the system or inputs me as a new contact, then pulls up from a bigger database a list of issues (and trust me not only there is a lot but there's one for everything you can imagine) and selects Military, Navy, issue - Med board/ PEB, then notes my problem. So the more an issue is logged, the more attention it gets by your specific rep, then which in turns gets everyone else's rep who calls to notice the issues, then results in action being taken at the Congressional level (research, hearings, etc), and the hopeful end result is a better process for everyone.