ROM results question

Dmccoyd

Registered Member
52F72197-B347-446A-8083-A1741A0E36D5.jpeg

This was for lumbar. The entire exam for about 10 problems lasted 5 minutes and I was rushed and no one measured. I was in extreme pain the entire time and I’m pretty sure they made these numbers up. Does that 75 mean I bent 15 degrees? Peblo and MSC keeps telling me I can’t do anything about the terrible exam. I’ll have to waste time and appeal.

You can obtain two independent range of motion assessments from either military or outside providers which, if favorable to your cause, can be uploaded to your case with an accompanying VA Form 4138 contesting the accuracy of the C&P exam findings. This can and should be done now, for two reasons. First, the VA D-RAS may read your VA Form 4138 and the accompanying range of motion assessments and disregard their own examiner's findings, using yours instead. Or, in the alternative, you have already laid the groundwork for a successful VARR on this issue if the lumbar spine condition is found unfitting.

I'm in the same boat! I could barely bend over during my exam. The examiner put my ROM as 80deg. Your examiner marked you down as being able to bend over almost all the way, not just the 15deg. I had to search for clarification for my situation as well. The VA told me that they can't do anything. You'll have to put in the leg work. In addition to the advice above, you can call the company that performed the exam, tell them what happened, and ask firmly that it be re-accomplished.

Since I’m going through medboard and I caught it before it went to DC I can have my doctor or physical therapist do a real ROM exam. They will add it to my record, then I fill out a fill a va 21-4138 form out. Talked to my med board attorney about it.

I talked to my attorney an hour ago as well. My previous advice is incorrect. They will not re-accomplish the exam in that fashion.