Series of events?

Thotty Two Hotty

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Alright, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But you don't receive a Projected VA Rating unless you have a condition that has been deemed unfit by the board right?
Everything I can find online and have been told is:

Board receives Package
Admin Shit
IPEB Makes Fit/Unfit decision
If Fit: Board stops, RTFD
If Unfit...
More Admin Shit/Sent to VA DRAS for ratings on every condition
VA DRAS sent to board
Separation Type made (Separation vs. Retirement, etc.)
Admin Shit/Sent back to Service Member

My Timeline:
Feb 18: MEB
April 26: PEB Submitted
May 10: MOL Notification
August 16: VA Case changed to closed, PEBLO said 100% Projected
Today: Day 129 with the board, 93 with the Medical Officer

Which case did they close?

I have one closed case and one open case. The closed case that I have is basically an admin thing so they can give proposed ratings to the MEB from what I understand.

But if it is the other one that is closed it might mean the board has made a decision for you.

My PEBLO won't release the proposed ratings to me because of some instruction they are under. Apparently, in the past they used to but the final rating was different for the proposed and someone got but hurt about it so now there is a rule for it.

Does the break down show up in ebenefits?

They closed the claims and it stated that a Proposed Rating has been sent by mail. Which goes to your PEBLO if you're AD on a board instead of to your personal address like a normal claim would. They opened a second one to confirm the ED in my claims because it's viewed as a separately paid out item according to my VA Rep.

It just seems like from descriptions of how it works, you don't get a proposed rating unless you're being found unfit. And I'm trying to make sure I'm not the only one interpreting it this way.

And yeah, I can see how that situation happened. Mine is telling me cause she knows it eases the anxiety a little in this whole series of unfortunate events. And I've got enough piled up that they'd have to change alot to get below a 100% compensation.

Thotty, that is exactly the way I interpret everything as well. I have been told by my PEBLO that we will never see proposed ratings if we are found fit due to the not-being-separated aspect of the whole thing. I'm sure most of us have found various ways to have a glimpse at our projected ratings, but nothing official until the unfit findings come back.

Thotty, that is exactly the way I interpret everything as well. I have been told by my PEBLO that we will never see proposed ratings if we are found fit due to the not-being-separated aspect of the whole thing. I'm sure most of us have found various ways to have a glimpse at our projected ratings, but nothing official until the unfit findings come back.
That's what I thought. Im just trying to give my wife some good news and not have the military make me out to be a liar for once.