Shoulder rated as one or separate?

TheBears

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Are the shoulders rated as one for both or is it rated individually for the right and left. So for example based of the ROM I will be 20% for each one or is the 20% combined for both?

Each shoulder gets rated separately, however the rating for your dominant arm has a different scale than the non-dominant.

Each shoulder gets rated separately, however the rating for your dominant arm has a different scale than the non-dominant.
So based of my motion for each arm it falls under the 20% category. My dominant arm is right how does it affect the rating for it?

50% is greater than 45% (anything between 46* and 90* gets 20%) so you get 20%. You stated both arms have the same range of motion in your previous post when you provided a partial copy of the exam notes.

Just like the last time I replied, if that is the case you get 20% for the left arm and 20% for the right arm. The two arms do not get combined, they are rated seperately.

50% is greater than 45% (anything between 46* and 90* gets 20%) so you get 20%. You stated both arms have the same range of motion in your previous post when you provided a partial copy of the exam notes.

Just like the last time I replied, if that is the case you get 20% for the left arm and 20% for the right arm. The two arms do not get combined, they are rated seperately.
That is right you did reply. I appreciate all your help and clarification on this. I was confused with the rating since I also have issues with both my feet but was told they get rated as one for flat feet.

That is why it is good to read the VASRD or reference "military disability made easy". Even if I quote it, I still check the VASRD since it is the federal code.

On the feet, if they can only rate at 10% then both get rated as one. If one of the two can get rated higher than 10% or both higher than 10% then they get rated seperately.