Signed PEB findings and had another Surgery two months after

trishnron

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I was found fit for continued service after having a PEB based on the following Items
Meniscus transplant
Ruptured groin adductor muscles
Laberal tear on right hip

Since I signed the PEB findings I had another MRI on the Meniscus transplant and they found that it did not take and the Meniscus technically died and my body absorbed it. This was my year followup. Now the doctors had to do a Partial Knee replacement and I am getting a 3T MRI with contrast on the Hip this friday. Can they put on a new period of LIMDU since I was found fit? or would I risk facing another PEB right away. I signed the PEB in DEC and 6 months will be June 15th. I afraid that they will find that they will have to do surgery on the hip. Right now I am between orders and if the put me on LIMDU i will have to cancel my orders. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

TnR,
I have two of your three medical issues. What are your quetstions?

Can they put me on LIMDU?
Or would I have to go straight to a MEB than PEB?
If I go to a PEB what percentages would I be looking at? For my muscles, Partial knee replacement and laberel tear?
Thanks for your help!
Ron

All situations are different. I am Army. My conditions were already a few years old and duty had been modified. I was really trying to get to 20 years. They sent mine to PEB with a finding of unfit. The groin/hip muscle issues I was hoping to get more than the 40% they gave considering the trouble they cause. I don't know if they realize that it does more than limit lifting your leg. I had two surgeries re the tear with the hip cartilage trashed. Next surgery they suggested hip replacement. I would guess they will put you on TDRL which will give you a chance to come back in on active if your next surgeies clear things up.

I think my orders or going to be cancelled until this gets cleared up. I just found out last friday after the MRI that I have two right hip laberal tears and a bone cyst. This is all after my Partial knee replacement surgery in Feb. I think the doc is going to put me back on LIMDU which will probably start another MEB board since i have had 3 LIMDU's in my career. This is all becuase of one accident. I have never had any medical issues until this one. We will soon see.

This list for my unfitting conditions would be below
Partial Knee Replacement
Ruptered adductor longus muscle/torn adductor Brevis
two right hip laberal tears with bone cyst (unless they fix this before the PEB goes up)

The ones I went up before this and was found "fit for continued service) was
Meniscus Transplant ( this died and didnt work)
Ruptured adductor longus/ torn adductor brevis
laberal hip tear ( didnt know how many tears or about the bone cyst)

This will be interesting to see how everything works out. I would like to have an idea of what the percentages would be like for the new unfitting conditions? if anything at all. any insight would be helpfull....Thanks!