TDRL Re-evaluation Timeline

AKtrooper345

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Anyone have their re-evalutation recently? I just had my phone call with the doctor today. I am wondering how long the PEB process takes. Thanks!

Edit: I am former army, so my PEB is out of Fort Belvoir.

My re-eval was in August 2020. It took me a week after my phone appointment to get the NARSUM from the PEBLO. The 199 was sent a week later. PDRL orders 6 days after I sent the signed 199 back in to the PEBLO.

Are all of the PEBs to include the TDRL reevaluations done centrally? I'm coming up on 4 weeks with no word post-evaluation. I've seen on here that a lot of people's 199s are taking forever, so just wondering if TDRL MEB is any different.

Are all of the PEBs to include the TDRL reevaluations done centrally? I'm coming up on 4 weeks with no word post-evaluation. I've seen on here that a lot of people's 199s are taking forever, so just wondering if TDRL MEB is any different.
Yes, the TDRL reevaluations are all done through the PEB at JB San Antonio.

Anyone have an updated Army PEB timeline? Still waiting on mine 5 weeks later.

Anyone else experiencing an extremely long PEB timeline? I've been waiting on a response since March 1st. Would love to know if anyone else is in the same boat.

Anyone else experiencing an extremely long PEB timeline? I've been waiting on a response since March 1st. Would love to know if anyone else is in the same boat.
Yeah. Seems like the average time is 65-75 days in IPEB/VA/IPEB Findings. I am at day 60 right now and haven’t heard anything.

Any updates on timeliness here? I'm almost at 8 weeks since receiving an email saying they have all information needed and my case is being sent out to tdrl re evaluation and I should hear back from a peblo in 4-6 weeks. If 2 months pass without contact from a peblo contact the U.S. Army Physical Disability Agency

DA199 was submitted March 1st and didn't hear back until June 12th. It's definitely backed up right now. July was my first month of being PDRL. It definitely sucked to wait that long.

I'm kind of confused to the steps and were I'm at in the process. If you can explain it to me I would appreciate it.
From the sound of my last email it sounds like I should be receiveing a call from a peblo very soon since they pulled my VA documents. Once I receive a call at that point do I find out if I will go on to Pdrl?

Any updates on timeliness here? I'm almost at 8 weeks since receiving an email saying they have all information needed and my case is being sent out to tdrl re evaluation and I should hear back from a peblo in 4-6 weeks. If 2 months pass without contact from a peblo contact the U.S. Army Physical Disability Agency
Call them already. I saw another service member get dropped from 100 to 30% because they never got a re-eval. They were waiting like you and someone dropped the ball. Get that re-eval done and don't stop calling them until you do.

Just took your advice and emailed the senior claims examiner over at U.S. Army Physical Disability Agency (USAPDA). I will see if I get a response today if not i will be calling.

I received a response already. Response as follow.
PEB is taking longer to process cases as there is a surge in cases, as soon as your PEBLO, cc line, receives the new DA 199 they will be in touch with you to go over the findings. We reached out to PEB to obtain a new estimated timeline for your case

Last edited:
I received a response already. Response as follow.
PEB is taking longer to process cases as there is a surge in cases, as soon as your PEBLO, cc line, receives the new DA 199 they will be in touch with you to go over the findings. We reached out to PEB to obtain a new estimated timeline for your case
Sounds good. Keep in touch with your PEBLO! I can vouch for a surge in cases as everyone on here is losing their minds waiting.

I got a call from my PEBLO to schedule my re-eval. Three days later I had a phone call with the doctor. After that my file was complete and was sent to the peb. From there took about 4 months. It's definitely a hurry up and wait. If they are pulling your VA medical records or if you've had your appointment, there's nothing you can really do but wait at that point. Your PEBLO then call you and email you with your decision.

Well my PTSD was 50% with DOD in August 2020. Now, I got re-evaluated in May 2021 and the VA says still the same but I still in TDRL. When should I expect to be transferred to PDRL ? Anybody knows ? This is confusing

Well my PTSD was 50% with DOD in August 2020. Now, I got re-evaluated in May 2021 and the VA says still the same but I still in TDRL. When should I expect to be transferred to PDRL ? Anybody knows ? This is confusing
Once your get on TDRL they are separate. DOD can review your VA appointments and doctor notes but the VA doesn't have a say in the rating when in TDRL. I would contact the TDRL people and ask if they are going to use your VA docs to make a decision or if they are going to have you come into an appointment soon.

I got out may 2019
October 2020 VA did a re evaluation for mental health.
May 2021 I got an email saying the army Physical Disability Agency will review my case(basically see if I will be placed on pd)
June 2021 I got an email saying they pulled my October 2020 re evaluation from the VA.
Now I'm waiting for another call from the peblo that reached out to me the other day. Telling me my new 199 is complete and to see if I will be placed on pdrl.

I got out may 2019
October 2020 VA did a re evaluation for mental health.
May 2021 I got an email saying the army Physical Disability Agency will review my case(basically see if I will be placed on pd)
June 2021 I got an email saying they pulled my October 2020 re evaluation from the VA.
Now I'm waiting for another call from the peblo that reached out to me the other day. Telling me my new 199 is complete and to see if I will be placed on pdrl.
Thanks ! I got out AUG 2020 and 50% PTSD. June 2021 I had a re-evaluation and I received a letter from VA. They increased it to 70%. So, I guess now is just waiting to see if DoD will use that and put me on PDRL or they will do their own re-evaluation. Just the waiting increase my anxiety. SMH

In the email I was sent, it stated that they will pull VA records up to 16 months. In my case the VA re evaluated me about 10 Months before the army Contacted me and told me they are going to re evaluate me. So they pull that VA evaluation. So I'm guessing you will have a email coming at your two year mark and you will be in the same boat as me.