Terminal Leave delay

RPO404

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi everyone, just posting a hypothetical question that has a high probability of happening to me. What happens if you do not get your orders until a couple of days before your terminal leave is supposed to start and you don't clear on time? I currently have a huge leave balance so I need O6 approval before I can turn my paperwork in to the transition office on post. Then from my understanding this has to be approved by USAPDA. Seeing how I am looking at signing out on terminal leave around the 28th and it is currently a 4-day I won't even get my leave form sent up until sometime Tuesday. I'm in a line Company so by the time it gets to our Brigade and signed it will be at least a week and a half. Then I'm assuming at least another week for USAPDA to approve and 2-3 days for post transition to cut orders. That puts me right around a day or two before my terminal leave start date. Any advice or anyone actually go over their terminal leave start date? Does that affect my retirement date or do I essentially clear and the terminal leave clock is still ticking while I finish up clearing?

Clearing should occur before terminal leave. I cleared in a matter of days both for PCS and medical retirement. It can be done.

Clearing should occur before terminal leave. I cleared in a matter of days both for PCS and medical retirement. It can be done.
I'm really glad you were able to but it didn't really answer my question. I may have one or two days to clear max which is why I was asking whether anyone knows how that would work. Unless everything falls into place, everyone is at their office and available to clear me, I doubt I'll make it.

The alternative is to push back terminal leave.

Have you already cleared CIF? if so you should be fine. I have cleared multiple units/posts in one-two days. All you have to do to clear CIF is draft a memo that states you need to clear without orders due to pending MED Board/Retirement.

Have you already cleared CIF? if so you should be fine. I have cleared multiple units/posts in one-two days. All you have to do to clear CIF is draft a memo that states you need to clear without orders due to pending MED Board/Retirement
CIF has been cleared. It was a matter of waiting on a leave/PTDY DA31 to get sent all the way up to Brigade for the O6 to sign. Can't get orders or submit an out-processing packet for clearing papers without it and it's inching close to my 30 days of having to start terminal leave.