IRILO notification 5 April 2022
CC signed do not retain 28 April 2022
IRILO deferred to MEB 26 May 2022
All VA exams completed 28 June 2022
all files sent to VA for ratings 11July 2022
MEB defers to the IPEB 19 July 2022
myFSS CMS notification 21 July 2022

As of to date 0 feedback from anything.

PEBLO says the IPEB is waiting on the VA ratings.

MSC confirmed my file has been with the VA since 11 July for ratings.

PEBLO said everything should have been done last week and I should be on terminal by now.

So far, I cannot find anyone willing to engage with the VA to see what the hold up in since they have had my file for 58 days now without completing any of my ratings. The only response I get is ‍we don't know..

At what point do I reach out to Congress to get this pushed. Keep in mind the surgery earlier this year did not resolve the pain, and I currently do not have any course of treatment because the only thing that works is opioids which no one will prescribe.

Thanks

As of today my package has been with a VA ratings officer for 64 days, and it's been 54 days since IPEB sent notice they received my medical files.

The PEBLO refused to engage with anyone about what is happening and I get the run around from the MSC. At this rate I feel like my stuff has fallen through the cracks or off the radar.

Does anyone have a suggestion on who can help get this back on track?

As of today my package has been with a VA ratings officer for 64 days, and it's been 54 days since IPEB sent notice they received my medical files.

The PEBLO refused to engage with anyone about what is happening and I get the run around from the MSC. At this rate I feel like my stuff has fallen through the cracks or off the radar.

Does anyone have a suggestion on who can help get this back on track?
I’m in the same boat. My C&P exams were finalized at the end of June, AFPC made their decision on 11 August, and now I’m waiting on the VA for ratings.

My timeline is similar to yours with the automated receipt message from MyFSS occurring on 27 July, 2022.

Again, just like you, I have been told very similar things by the PEBLO, MSC, VERA, and AFPC that there is nothing we can do until ratings from the VA reviewer come back. This of course isnt helpful since My case has been sitting at "Review of Evidence" since 27 July as well.

Hopefully we get some answers from other who share a timeline with us. PEBLO says average wait for ratings is 4-6 weeks, but that timeline already is cresting for a majority of us it seems.

Similar timeline as well. Myfss notification was on 15 July and my VA claim has been at review since 3 June. My PEBLO told me to call him everyday to see if there is any updates. Will probably just call him on Monday mornings to see if there are any updates. This wait is painful that's for sure.

At least it sounds like your PEBLO wante communication with you. Mine checked once, then has repeated that I forever since and last week said the only thing we can do is just wait it out. It's like lady, I have already been waiting, and I have not had any pain management since early July, so to live in unrelenting untreated chronic pain is not ok

At least it sounds like your PEBLO wante communication with you. Mine checked once, then has repeated that I forever since and last week said the only thing we can do is just wait it out. It's like lady, I have already been waiting, and I have not had any pain management since early July, so to live in unrelenting untreated chronic pain is not ok

Why aren’t you seeing pain management anymore? I’m still going to pain management for my concerns, and they’re still doing injections, acupuncture, cupping therapy, physical therapy, and medications.

Why aren’t you seeing pain management anymore? I’m still going to pain management for my concerns, and they’re still doing injections, acupuncture, cupping therapy, physical therapy, and medications.
I have had 3 cortisone injections, 2 nerve blocks, and a Pro injection and none of them even reduced my pain by 1 point on the 10 point pain scale. Been walking around with a cane for almost a year basically living life at a 7-8/10 pain level.
My last on base pain management appt the doc flat out said that the things that might help more with my pain (cough)cbd/thc(cough) he is not allowed to prescribe or give

Ah, I gotcha. I’m sorry to hear that
I have had 3 cortisone injections, 2 nerve blocks, and a Pro injection and none of them even reduced my pain by 1 point on the 10 point pain scale. Been walking around with a cane for almost a year basically living life at a 7-8/10 pain level.
My last on base pain management appt the doc flat out said that the things that might help more with my pain (cough)cbd/thc(cough) he is not allowed to prescribe or giv

Injured at work 3 May 2021
Laparoscopic surgery 9 Feb 2022
DAWG review 31 March 2022
IRILO notification 5 April 2022
CC signed do not retain 28 April 2022
IRILO deferred to MEB 26 May 2022
All VA exams completed 28 June 2022
all files sent to VA for ratings 11July 2022
MEB defers to the IPEB 19 July 2022
myFSS CMS notification 21 July 2022

As of to date 0 feedback from anything.

PEBLO says the IPEB is waiting on the VA ratings.

MSC confirmed my file has been with the VA since 11 July for ratings.

PEBLO said everything should have been done last week and I should be on terminal by now.

So far, I cannot find anyone willing to engage with the VA to see what the hold up in since they have had my file for 58 days now without completing any of my ratings. The only response I get is ‍we don't know..

At what point do I reach out to Congress to get this pushed. Keep in mind the surgery earlier this year did not resolve the pain, and I currently do not have any course of treatment because the only thing that works is opioids which no one will prescribe.

Thanks
VA app this morning shows: "Claims for compensation updated on 13 September 2022"

Of course there are 0 details to go with that, but at least it appears there was some movement.

VA app this morning shows: "Claims for compensation updated on 13 September 2022"

Of course there are 0 details to go with that, but at least it appears there was some movement.
Any movement is better than none that's for sure. I'm kind of in the same boat with them prescribing medications that don't work and they refuse to prescribe anything strong. I mean we clearly have medical conditions that put us through pain, so why not actually help us until we're separated.

Any movement is better than none that's for sure. I'm kind of in the same boat with them prescribing medications that don't work and they refuse to prescribe anything strong. I mean we clearly have medical conditions that put us through pain, so why not actually help us until we're separated.

I'm honestly worried that my DOD rating is going to be under the retirement threshold. They only listed the referred condition back in March, but since then it causing secondary and tertiary issues since the condition is my right groin/hip. Because I walk funny now, it affects my knee, hip, back etc, on top of already having an issue in my right knee and degenerative disk issues in my back. I have to use a cane to walk, but I had to go out and buy the cane myself since the clinic didn't seem it necessary...

I'm honestly worried that my DOD rating is going to be under the retirement threshold. They only listed the referred condition back in March, but since then it causing secondary and tertiary issues since the condition is my right groin/hip. Because I walk funny now, it affects my knee, hip, back etc, on top of already having an issue in my right knee and degenerative disk issues in my back. I have to use a cane to walk, but I had to go out and buy the cane myself since the clinic didn't seem it necessary...
I'll cross my fingers for you! I'm a little worried about it as well. Mine was for my right knee/quad. Had an injury in 2017 and it progressively got worse until they did surgery. Had some good progress until I hit a certain point and it slowly started to decline unfortunately.. I have a cane I use occasionally, but I usually embrace the suck and just hobble my butt around. I think my biggest issue is driving and stairs. Couldn't tell ya how many times I've fallen down the stairs due to my leg giving out.

I'll cross my fingers for you! I'm a little worried about it as well. Mine was for my right knee/quad. Had an injury in 2017 and it progressively got worse until they did surgery. Had some good progress until I hit a certain point and it slowly started to decline unfortunately.. I have a cane I use occasionally, but I usually embrace the suck and just hobble my butt around. I think my biggest issue is driving and stairs. Couldn't tell ya how many times I've fallen down the stairs due to my leg giving out.
I hear ya, driving has been an issue since the "hinge" movement in my leg is affected I am delayed when using pedals, but I still have to come into work daily so driving is always a risk. I have been fortunate enough to not fall down the stairs, but I have collapsed getting out of bed or standing up. It's definitely a humbling experience given that before this I was in the top 20 fittest people in the unit.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

Update
As of 15 Sept my claim is closed
That’s awesome! My myFSS CMS notification was received on 12 July and I still haven’t seen any movement on my case. Are you able to call the VA to get your proposed ratings now that your claim is closed?

That’s awesome! My myFSS CMS notification was received on 12 July and I still haven’t seen any movement on my case. Are you able to call the VA to get your proposed ratings now that your claim is closed?
I'm not sure, and to be honest I have not tried. I am going to focus on getting my house ready to 0ut in the market the next few days and will give my PEBLO a chance to actually do her job before I do it for her.

Update
19 Sept 2022 notified that I am being medically separated I stead of retired. Feels like one giant middle finger after 16 years of service, and now I need a cane to walk.

Will be talking with the ODC tomorrow as I feel that this is a giant mistake after all of the treatments I have tried including surgery have failed to work.

I was checking my claim on va.gov and I saw this on the website. It still says my compensation claims are still in the evidence gathering step, but this “correspondence claim” is closed. Can anyone explain to me what this means?

Attachments

• 771376A4-02DC-42FC-8DB3-64203D67921B.jpeg
    771376A4-02DC-42FC-8DB3-64203D67921B.jpeg
    666 KB · Views: 18