Unique Question (I think)

LBCutta

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, Ive completed my MEB and on terminal leave. I "was" dual military so my wife is still active duty. I was rated 100% PT. Would it be better for me to be treated on the military base where my wife is stationed or go to the VA hospital which is close by and see them. Which would be more beneficial? I have MS so I need constant meds. I just want to know which would be better for long term. Because we wont be around an installation forever.

Hard to say. I know that the VA has some kind of "MS centers of excellence" but not sure what that really means.

So, Ive completed my MEB and on terminal leave. I "was" dual military so my wife is still active duty. I was rated 100% PT. Would it be better for me to be treated on the military base where my wife is stationed or go to the VA hospital which is close by and see them. Which would be more beneficial? I have MS so I need constant meds. I just want to know which would be better for long term. Because we wont be around an installation forever.
You are PDRL and MS is a presumptive medical condition. Focus on your health...your rating should be ok either way.

Assuming you'll fall under your spouse's Tricare Prime (no-cost); and the VA is there too, use both to whatever best fits your situation.

Not so surprisingly, the VA avoids prescribing expensive medications. See the allowed list:

www.pbm.va.gov/PBM/.../VA_National_Formulary_October_2016.xls