Urgent.

Nickie32

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If I initiated a meb. Can my bc move me to another command. My co is very supportive and I'm afraid I will move to a command who is not

If I initiated a meb. Can my bc move me to another command. My co is very supportive and I'm afraid I will move to a command who is not
It's possible. Not typical. Typically since your Commander needs to write a statement about how your referred condition impacts your ability to work, they would keep you with the CoC that knows. Is your unit on orders for deployment or something? Or have they said something about moving you to WTU? What is prompting your concern?

A PCS move is unlikely unless being moved to a patient squadron (Wound Warrior Battalion). But waiver happen.

It's possible. Not typical. Typically since your Commander needs to write a statement about how your referred condition impacts your ability to work, they would keep you with the CoC that knows. Is your unit on orders for deployment or something? Or have they said something about moving you to WTU? What is prompting your concern?
Thanks for the reply. I was in a pipeline as a student. Just finished language but got pulled from the pipeline because of the meb. There is nowhere to put me so they were going to move me in a different Bn. My concern is having a command that is not supportive. My co knows me, knows my conditions and has been a huge support since the start. I'm afraid once I move, this won't be the same. It looks like I will be moving before he writes the commanders letter

I would just ask your Commander now if they would be willing to provide the new command with the comments regarding the limitation of your conditions then... Usually Commanders want feedback from someone who has been able to observe the SM in action. For example, a Commander might call in the DFAC NCOIC if a 92G SM is being MEB'd since the CDR isn't always there to observe the injury's impact. I am sure the new Command would appreciate someone familiar with you and your situation being willing to provide commentary.

I would just ask your Commander now if they would be willing to provide the new command with the comments regarding the limitation of your conditions then... Usually Commanders want feedback from someone who has been able to observe the SM in action. For example, a Commander might call in the DFAC NCOIC if a 92G SM is being MEB'd since the CDR isn't always there to observe the injury's impact. I am sure the new Command would appreciate someone familiar with you and your situation being willing to provide commentary.
Ya that's exactly what I did and he is willing to write up the statement himself. Just waiting to see if the new Cdr is just as supportive. Thanks!