VA - EBENEFITS - WHEN YOU GET PAID!

My case: I started IDES Aug 2011. did all my VA stuff while still active duty. After 19 years active duty I was found Unfit and involuntary separated (Aug 2012). 10% Navy 110% VA (thats then 80% VA) I had no new evidance to take it to FPEB. So I got a big disabilty-Severance and after 3 months still waiting on VA to finish my claim. Just got a letter from VA asking me for my last LES and when I got my severance and how much. I dont not have acces to mypay, so waitning on snail mail from DFAS. I'm not sure why thay need my LES. Its in my DD214 how much I got. Just to get straight, I'm only paying back 10% at a time of what ever I'm awareded by the VA right?
for exaple if 80% was $100, I would still get $90 a month and that $10 gos to paying back my severance.

Oct 10th- Was paid $944 which is the difference between my retirment and my VA pay which was expected until I am authorized concurrent receipt by DFAS.

Someone told me that you get your backpay once your ebenefits reads Preparing for Notification is that true, or is it after it says complete?

Someone told me that you get your backpay once your ebenefits reads Preparing for Notification is that true, or is it after it says complete?

That's incorrect. You get back pay after complete status I got mine about two weeks after it went complete. If you are authorized concurrent receipt they pay you the difference between retirement and VA until it goes through DFAS and then you get the rest once that clears.

HOWEVER, sometimes it takes them awhile to update that you are complete so if they do take awhile to do that it is possible to get paid and it still show Preparing for Norification. You are actually complete but they haven't updated you on the website.

That's incorrect. You get back pay after complete status I got mine about two weeks after it went complete. If you are authorized concurrent receipt they pay you the difference between retirement and VA until it goes through DFAS and then you get the rest once that clears.

HOWEVER, sometimes it takes them awhile to update that you are complete so if they do take awhile to do that it is possible to get paid and it still show Preparing for Norification. You are actually complete but they haven't updated you on the website.
Oh okay, I thought it might have been true considering they have already made a decision, technically isnt Preparing for Notification where the VA licks the envelope(just very very very slowly); Seeing as they know your ratings why the wait? Im waiting for the VA to call me back now, so hopefully they tell me something good.

Oh okay, I thought it might have been true considering they have already made a decision, technically isnt Preparing for Notification where the VA licks the envelope(just very very very slowly); Seeing as they know your ratings why the wait? Im waiting for the VA to call me back now, so hopefully they tell me something good.

Yeah basically, they type up your notification, send it out, approve payment and update the site. Depending on how many cases are on that stage it could last a day or several weeks. I was told to expect two weeks and that's about how long it took.

Yeah and the whole thing is a pain in the ass, I agree. Why re-do it when you have already left te military on the belief that you will be getting that percentage. My overall percentage didn't change but some individual ratings did change. So it is possible for someone to base a decision on info that is not completely accurate.

Yeah basically, they type up your notification, send it out, approve payment and update the site. Depending on how many cases are on that stage it could last a day or several weeks. I was told to expect two weeks and that's about how long it took.

Yeah and the whole thing is a pain in the ass, I agree. Why re-do it when you have already left te military on the belief that you will be getting that percentage. My overall percentage didn't change but some individual ratings did change. So it is possible for someone to base a decision on info that is not completely accurate.

So my claim is sent I guess lol I got my VA Letter back on ebenne but my new question is...I have been out the army since July 26th why is my effective date only the 1st of September

Mine is the same way. I assume it has to be verified through DFAS that you get retro play and then it will change? Not sure but mine did not update either.

Mine is the same way. I assume it has to be verified through DFAS that you get retro play and then it will change? Not sure but mine did not update either.
How long did it take you to get your retro pay after you reached completion...

I recieved a vba decision on june 26,and i was wondering about how long deos it take for the regional office to implement new rating ,decision letter and payment? I was told it was fast tracked during vba process for hardship ,but now it is not.i hate complaining and have great patients(ahh waiting on eod in that hot sandbox is to thank for that) but my kids and wife do not share my who gives a f*** attitude i have so fondly addopted.ive read on some sites that the ro has up to 120 days to implement changes, is that true as well?