VA Ratings Officer

JimmyJohn

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just found out my case is now with VA Ratings Officer (3 Days). USMC Quantico. Does anyone know how long this stage is and what will happen next? EAS is June 18th and wondering if I should put in extension. Seems I'm close to the finish line.

Do you have a POC I can contact to get an update on where my case is sitting at the PEB? PEBLO is not helpful.

Just found out my case is now with VA Ratings Officer (3 Days). USMC Quantico. Does anyone know how long this stage is and what will happen next? EAS is June 18th and wondering if I should put in extension. Seems I'm close to the finish line.
Following. Mine has been with the VARO since 30 April

What's the current policy for medical extensions? Generally, the BN commander can give a 30 day extension.

You shouldn't be able to EAS when on a medical board. I think you'll be put on medical hold until your findings come back.

You shouldn't be able to EAS when on a medical board. I think you'll be put on medical hold until your findings come back.
You can EAS and only accept VA rating. I just put in extension today.

Currently waiting on results of MEB/PEB, ETS is October 11, 2022. Did anyone successfully get an extension? Hoping to get a 12 month extension while going through radiation and chemo.

Currently waiting on results of MEB/PEB, ETS is October 11, 2022. Did anyone successfully get an extension? Hoping to get a 12 month extension while going through radiation and chemo.
They do 6 month extensions. You get one since you’re waiting on results. About 3 weeks before your ETS go to your peblo and get the paperwork assuming your results arent back yet. Once your results are back and your 6 month extension will disappear and your last day will be ~90 days from when you sign.