Administrative Separation Board

Frank the tank

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The long of the Short I have severe PTSD and Panic disorder {not my words the Army's and the VA's diagnosis of me for my MEB} My unit command wants to put me out of the Army for a Chapter 14-12c. I have been in over 12 years so I know that I will be getting a administrative separation board. The misconduct that they are using for the Chapter 14-12c all happened over a year ago and since then there has been no wrong doings in fact I haven't even received any counseling's since November 2012. when I got my NCOER in June of 2013 I was rated among the best with a 2 1. In a nut shell my Art 15 was due to me having a diagnose alcohol dependence and I ended up in a in-patient for 28 days back in December 2012 and nothing else was said about it. In March Of 2013 there was there was a 15-6 investigation that all a lot of NCO where involved in { me being one} with that the decide and the stuff from the year prior our new commander decided to give me Art 15 and then Chapter me out. However after I returned from my in-patient in January of 2013 I was already being start on my MEB in may of 2013 I drove my car in to a tree Panic attack and I broke my leg/femur its roded now.
what my questions is what is the chances that the administrative separation board will allow me packet to go to the PEB?

Is your PTSD combat related? Is it specifically stated that way in your NARSUM or MH records?

I had on two occasions had panic attacks while driving and went into oncoming traffic. fortunately the other drives missed me and I did not hit anything. My son was in the car the second time. Very scary.

It is hard to speculate. But, definitely fight the separation tooth and nail.

Yes it is combat related it specifically says it both my NARSUM and my MH records