Air Force AD MH LDES

BigTJR

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello Everyone, I’m posting my timeline to help others going through the Legacy Route since I don’t see too many of those on here. I also have a couple questions at the end of the dates. The dates at the beginning are rough estimates to the best of my knowledge. I wasn’t completel

September 2020: Reached out to my 1st Sgt and went over my options regarding my symptoms

September 2020-
April 2021: Received care to try and Rehabilitate back into service. Met with supervision and medical Dr/ and psychological director on base to see what was the next step because my care was not working.

Last week of May 2021: Went on a TDY to be evaluated by the nearest MTF since all of my care was off base at a civilian office since I am located at a Guard Base yet I am Active Duty. The Evaluator agreed with my previous civilian Dr.s and the Guard medical Dr on my base.

July 17 2021: Met with my 1st Sgt then my commander the next day and reviewed the commander’s impact statement together (he agreed for do not retain since that’s the overall outcome that I felt that I needed and everybody agreed as well)

Aug 9: My PEBLO reached out to me with the initial packet to fill out and went over the initial briefing
Aug 10: filled out the initial packet and sent it back to my peblo
Aug 11: reached out to the ODC to receive my briefing between LDES and IDES
Aug 12: filled out the LDES form sent it back to the peblo
9/1/2021: Was notified by the PEBLO that the LDES form was signed off by the MTF/MEB Commander and the MEB/medical board at the MTF all concurred for an un fit determination for Adjustment Disorder with mixed Anxiety and Depression. The PEBLO then asked me to review my 4078 form (what looks like will be sent up to the IPEB) and I filled out the another form to not request an IMR and that I agreed with the MEB.
9/8/2021: Recieved the MyPers Email that my Package had been sent up to be reviewed then would be sent into the IPEB/AFPC

It’s been a long journey especially being assigned to a guard base and doing all the Active duty stuff through another base. The LDES process has been fast and I chose that route since I felt what was best for me in the long term. I hope to hear some good news soon. My questions are
1.) Does manning/numbers affect when AFPC will determine a separation date *if they choose to seperate
2.)Has anybody gone through
The process of requesting a sooner date for seperation from the PEBLO?

9/17/2021: PEBLO reached out to me with my unfit determination on TDRL with a 50% rating. Will send all the paperwork in on Monday (9/20/21)

9/17/2021: PEBLO reached out to me with my unfit determination on TDRL with a 50% rating. Will send all the paperwork in on Monday (9/20/21)
Is that what you were hoping for?! (Congrats if so!!)

Did you get an email when the IPEB finished your package, or just when the package was received by AFPC?

Yes I think it worked out best case scenario as well as the rating is what I was looking for/expecting. Thank you!
Also I received an email both for when it was sent to AFPC (09/8/2021) and then when the IPEB case sent the results to the PEBLO which was (09/16/2021)

To my understanding it’s way to into the LDES process to go into the IDES. Which is fine by me I’m contempt with my results and the decision. As well as I’ll start the VA part of the process within the next few months. I chose LDES because I assumed it would be the fastest way for the outcome I wanted. I didn’t want to take the risk of the IDES process taking The process into next year.

09/20/2021: Signed 1180 and returned back to the PEBLO, now wait for orders (he gave me a timeline of about a week) I’m hoping it turns out being that fast.

09/22/2021: AFPC Called me and helped me pick a better Seperation Date than the one I requested because my Commander Granted 20 Days PTDY on top of my 26 Days of Leave. My Date of Separation is 11/29/2021. This has been a fast process for me and it’s finally settling in. I’m planning to start the VA part of the LDES process once I Relocate. If anybody has any advice on that process I would appreciate it.

October 7th was my final out date and I’m on Permissive TDY days and Terminal Leave until Nov 29 2021

I do have a questions for anybody that has been through/going through the process. Have any of you reviewed/received your DD214 if so what did your remarks section say as well as what type of discharge did you receive ?

October 7th was my final out date and I’m on Permissive TDY days and Terminal Leave until Nov 29 2021

I do have a questions for anybody that has been through/going through the process. Have any of you reviewed/received your DD214 if so what did your remarks section say as well as what type of discharge did you receive ?
You should filled out the DD214 WS, I reviewed mine. The type of discharge will more than likely be honorable if you don’t have any significant reason for them to give you otherwise. narrative reason for separation will say DISABILITY-TEMPORARY. You WONT see your dd214 until 24 hours after your DOS in VMPF

You should filled out the DD214 WS, I reviewed mine. The type of discharge will more than likely be honorable if you don’t have any significant reason for them to give you otherwise. narrative reason for separation will say DISABILITY-TEMPORARY. You WONT see your dd214 until 24 hours after your DOS in VMPF
Okay I filled out the DD214 WS about a week ago and received an email to review it to make changes or accept it.
In the remarks section they only had “member has not completed full first term of service.” Now I don’t know if that is required to be in there but I requested to have that statement removed since it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. If they get back to me and have to leave it in then I wanted to see if they could add something about it being honorable (which it would be because Ive never received any type of paper work.
I was put on TDRL and I was seeing things online of it maybe being a general discharge under honorable conditions

Okay I filled out the DD214 WS about a week ago and received an email to review it to make changes or accept it.
In the remarks section they only had “member has not completed full first term of service.” Now I don’t know if that is required to be in there but I requested to have that statement removed since it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. If they get back to me and have to leave it in then I wanted to see if they could add something about it being honorable (which it would be because Ive never received any type of paper work.
I was put on TDRL and I was seeing things online of it maybe being a general discharge under honorable conditions
Also to mention when I reviewed mine it didn’t have the type of seperation or seperation authority, separation code filled out

Hmmm I doubt it will be a general, I had the same statement on mine about not completing full first term of service. Honestly man you will probably have an honorable. Even if that is on your DD214 you do not need to tell an employer later on the exact reason you were Med boarded, it’s no ones business except yours. as long as they see you were honorably discharged that’s all that will matter.

I have 3 years 8 months TIS

Thanks for the quick response! I really appreciate it

I have 3 years 8 months TIS

Thanks for the quick response! I really appreciate it
You will be fine man I would not worry about it. I was kind of the same and was wondering, but after talking to lots of other people being med boarded it will more than likely be an honorable unless youve done something to make it otherwise. As far as the bottom portion of the DD 214 not being complete, If you really think about it, it makes sense as to why they leave it blank up until 24 hours after your DOS. Basically what im getting at is, what if something came up on terminal leave I.E. Getting arrested or getting into some sort of trouble. You technically are still in the military up until that point of your DOS. So they want to keep in blank in case you get in trouble lol.

You will be fine man I would not worry about it. I was kind of the same and was wondering, but after talking to lots of other people being med boarded it will more than likely be an honorable unless youve done something to make it otherwise. As far as the bottom portion of the DD 214 not being complete, If you really think about it, it makes sense as to why they leave it blank up until 24 hours after your DOS. Basically what im getting at is, what if something came up on terminal leave I.E. Getting arrested or getting into some sort of trouble. You technically are still in the military up until that point of your DOS. So they want to keep in blank in case you get in trouble lol.
That does make much more sense, thank you I appreciate it!

Hello Everyone, I’m posting my timeline to help others going through the Legacy Route since I don’t see too many of those on here. I also have a couple questions at the end of the dates. The dates at the beginning are rough estimates to the best of my knowledge. I wasn’t completel

September 2020: Reached out to my 1st Sgt and went over my options regarding my symptoms

September 2020-
April 2021: Received care to try and Rehabilitate back into service. Met with supervision and medical Dr/ and psychological director on base to see what was the next step because my care was not working.

Last week of May 2021: Went on a TDY to be evaluated by the nearest MTF since all of my care was off base at a civilian office since I am located at a Guard Base yet I am Active Duty. The Evaluator agreed with my previous civilian Dr.s and the Guard medical Dr on my base.

July 17 2021: Met with my 1st Sgt then my commander the next day and reviewed the commander’s impact statement together (he agreed for do not retain since that’s the overall outcome that I felt that I needed and everybody agreed as well)

Aug 9: My PEBLO reached out to me with the initial packet to fill out and went over the initial briefing
Aug 10: filled out the initial packet and sent it back to my peblo
Aug 11: reached out to the ODC to receive my briefing between LDES and IDES
Aug 12: filled out the LDES form sent it back to the peblo
9/1/2021: Was notified by the PEBLO that the LDES form was signed off by the MTF/MEB Commander and the MEB/medical board at the MTF all concurred for an un fit determination for Adjustment Disorder with mixed Anxiety and Depression. The PEBLO then asked me to review my 4078 form (what looks like will be sent up to the IPEB) and I filled out the another form to not request an IMR and that I agreed with the MEB.
9/8/2021: Recieved the MyPers Email that my Package had been sent up to be reviewed then would be sent into the IPEB/AFPC

It’s been a long journey especially being assigned to a guard base and doing all the Active duty stuff through another base. The LDES process has been fast and I chose that route since I felt what was best for me in the long term. I hope to hear some good news soon. My questions are
1.) Does manning/numbers affect when AFPC will determine a separation date *if they choose to seperate
2.)Has anybody gone through
The process of requesting a sooner date for seperation from the PEBLO?
Hi sir, I’m just starting the process of reaching out to Mental Health and was wondering if you could answer some questions for me about your whole experience? I would really appreciate it

Hi sir, I’m just starting the process of reaching out to Mental Health and was wondering if you could answer some questions for me about your whole experience? I would really appreciate it
Forsure! I’d be happy to answer some of your questions