crsc question

When is the earliest u can apply?
Where do you apply?
What documents is needed to ensure its done with in one shot down range?

If in ides and naraum and package is about to mailed up within the mext 2 weeks is it too late?

You need to be retired and in receipt of VA benefits before applying (otherwise, there is nothing to offset or restore in the way of benefits from both agencies...no worries, though, CRSC payments are retroactive).

At a minimum, send DD214 and VA award/decision letter. Better is if you also send PEB findings stating combat related nature of disability. The last is not a hard requirement- having it will make the decision much easier. But, you could submit LOD's, or other evidence (sworn statements, awards, anything else you can provide to show combat related nature of your disabilities).

You need to be retired and in receipt of VA benefits before applying (otherwise, there is nothing to offset or restore in the way of benefits from both agencies...no worries, though, CRSC payments are retroactive).

At a minimum, send DD214 and VA award/decision letter. Better is if you also send PEB findings stating combat related nature of disability. The last is not a hard requirement- having it will make the decision much easier. But, you could submit LOD's, or other evidence (sworn statements, awards, anything else you can provide to show combat related nature of your disabilities).

Jason:

My first question is:

Upon receipt of the PEB letter, if a PEB referred unfitting condition wasn't determined to be combat-related but I believe it is combat-related, what are my courses of action for potential correction? Thanks.

My second question is:

If the aforementioned PEB referred unfitting condition "remains" non-combat-related, but later CRSC is approved for the same PEB unfit condition, is that single DoVA rated medical condition changed from DoD taxable income to DoD tax-free income? Thanks.

Best Wishes!

Once you apply for CRSC and they deny it, you can appeal it. I did and mine was approved the second time around.

When is the earliest u can apply?
Where do you apply?
What documents is needed to ensure its done with in one shot down range?

If in ides and naraum and package is about to mailed up within the mext 2 weeks is it too late?

There are a lot of threads on here about CRSC. Do some searching and you can find a lot of insight. You can apply as soon as you have discharged from the military and have your final VA ratings, not your proposed ratings. You apply to the CRSC board for whatever service you are in. The DD2860 will list addresses for each branch. Make sure you download the most current version (I believe 2011). The form also gives you a list of documents. Pretty much anything that can be used to link your injury to combat.

As I said, do some searching and reading and you will get a lot of good answers.