DRAS

swashy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi all, I hope I am posting this in the right forum, apolgies if it is not.
Received this email the other day, does this mean that I have been found unfit? Or is this just part of the process?

Thanks in advance.

USAF, stationed OCONUS if that makes any difference.

"Your disability case was sent to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Disability Rating Activity Site (DRAS) to provide a proposed rating decision and rationale for any unfitting conditions you may have. This step is critical to ensure your disability percentages are appropriate since the AF Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) does not determine disability ratings. The PEB applies the disability ratings from the DRAS using the VA diagnostic code(s) and completes the Air Force Form 356, Findings and Recommended Disposition of USAF Physical Evaluation Board. Once complete, your PEBLO r will provide you a copy of the Air Force Form 356 and brief you on the results."

I am air force as well and recieved the same notice. Confirmed with my peblo that i was found unfit.

To my understanding the air force is using mypers to notify of unfit.

I'm Army and got the exact same first sentence in my email. Then they went on about Army regs and stuff.

PEBLO has the ratings, going in the morning to see what they've said. So nervous!

Mine was sent to DRAS on Jan 30 and I found out this week that it had been assigned a rater. Seems to be taking longer than some of the posts that I've been following. Good luck.

Hello all. I'm Army. Trying to stay patient with this process. After the IDES Dashboard stopped working on AKO, I've been pulling my hair out because I have no idea what's going on with my packet. I spoke to my PEBLO, and all she can do is email the IPEB to see what's taking so. I emailed my representative from the VA. He says DRAS is waiting for results from the IPEB. My packet has been at the IPEB since 20 February.

Does any Army person know of another method of tracking the progress of this process?

Referral 12/22/2016
VA Claims 12/28/2017
Medical Exams Complete 01/27/2017
Medical Evaluation Board Complete 02/17/2017
Packet Received by IPEB 02/20/2017
???

No, there is no other way than to depend on an incompetent PEBLO who sends an email to a black hole. If your PEB is in JBSA, then you are going to wait like the rest of us, they are terrible and slow

Thanks for the reply. PEBLO is doing what she can to find information. I just hate to keep calling and emailing her. She's got more than me to worry about. My IPEB is in Washington.

My claim started dec 19th 2018, February 8th 2019 it list five separate times we closed the notice for request under the evidence gathering, review and decion. C&p dr labeled me unemployeable in January.I've been &40 percent since 2000. I've gotten worse over the past 18years and finally said enough was enough. My question is how much longer will I need to wait. It says estimated complete date, August 6th why so long?