Help with extension while Impatient

synnz22

Registered Member
So I'm a SGT who was hit with an IED and currently in a inpatient program for TBI. I am scheduled to retire while I am here. I have been told that I couldn't separate while my status is Impatient. I am currently on transitional leave while I am in the hospital. My chain has given me and my fellow battle buddy the run around about the status of our extensions not to mention our purple heart paperwork. Everything we have been told is it's in DC. Our date is coming up and getting very frustrated. Anyone know which regulations or advice for me to help get the extension through? Thanks

I know what the answers to these questions should be, but, I want to know what is actually happening in your case:

1) Have you been identified as needing an MEB/PEB?
2) Do you have a profile with at least a "3" in any of the PULHES blocks?
3) I assume you are retiring for length of service. Have you requested a retirement physical?
4) Have you requested to remain on active duty (in writing)?

Your assumption in #3 about LOS is incorrect based on his profile age. Hope someone in his command rolls in to help him soon.

Your assumption in #3 about LOS is incorrect based on his profile age. Hope someone in his command rolls in to help him soon.

Something is wrong, then, with what he stated....he stated "I am scheduled to retire while I am here." Unless, of course, he meant that he already has had an MEB/PEB and is being medically retired, and the question is about retirement while in an inpatient status.

Maybe he can clarify what is going on here.

agreed, hope he comes back up. He list his age as 29, so LOS is out.