Marine Corps Medical Board question please help

USMCVet

Registered Member
Greetings veterans,

I am an active duty 0311 Infantry Marine and have been part of an ongoing process for about a year. I'm not a terd first and foremost. My EAS is just months away, and I am on my second term limited duty. I am on it due to my knee, I have patellofemoral dysfunction and osteochondritis dissecans. Both of which I have attempted to overcome through physical therapy. I maxed out my physical therapy and nothing was working. She told me as well as the orthepedic surgeon to take some of the tools they had and take them home and do it at home. She told me to come in at the end of my first term which was 2 weeks ago to get reevaluated to see if the condition has gotten better. They took an xray and mri of my knee only to find that the condition has worsened. So I am now on my second term limited duty.

My question was, my command, thinks I'm lying and malingering. As a result of my condition, doctors have made sure I dont run or do anything that could worsen my knee, as we are trying to avoid surgery at all cost, knee surgery 9 times out of 10 makes things worse. Can they even put me on the Body Fat Composition program if I'm on limited duty, where it states before the injury I was within weight and height standards. Secondly, if they do, can I be kicked out through the Body Fat program if I don't make the weight in 6 months, I heard I would be unfit for discharge because I have a medical condition I received while I was in the Corps, and until that's solved, I would stay in.

Lastly, does my command even have the right to access my medical records? I've handed in every piece of medical paperwork I've gotten about my knee and they still treat me as if I am malingering. Just not sure how to go about this, and it's not information that's taught to you by your command.

Thank you to whoever answers this. I've got a wife and kid, and it's affecting them as well.

Semper Fi.

NO your comand can't access your medical records, no one but you or whoever is providing you care can acces those records according to the law.

Not sure how they can put you on BFC if you are on limited duty, seems to me they are just harrasing you

I can sympathize with how your command is making you feel. I too am a Marine and was treated like garbage by my command when I was going through the process, and I was an E6. all I can say is hang in there and keep your head up.

Even if placed on BFC, they cannot separate you for that until disposition of your MEB/PEB. If you are unfit, that supersedes anything but a misconduct admin discharge. If fit, then you return to duty and "normal" rules apply.

Best of luck!