MEB Fort Detrick

coat842009

Registered Member
Good morning everyone,

SSG (P) Mallicoat here. On March 9th, an MEB was initiated for me, and since then no actions have been taken (other than my recruiting school date and orders being rescinded). I understand we are in a pandemic with a majority of the civilian and green suitor workforce teleworking, but it just seems like I should have at least received a phone call by now? There isn't an MEB office at Fort Detrick, so everything has to go through Fort Meade and I am just kind of wondering if I should be calling someone to try and get this ball rolling.

For a little background info, I herniated a disc in October 2018 and since then have had several MRI's, got put on permanent profile and was then told by my neurosurgeon that she was going to initiate the med board due to severe disc degeneration and desiccation in my L4-L5 and L5-S1 that is causing pinching of the traversing L5 nerve root. This is causing severe pain in my lower back and weakness in my left leg.

Thanks for any information you are able to provide to me, and best of luck to you all.

coat842009

Registered Member
Ok, no responses isn't necessarily good or bad. Can anyone tell me at this point, should I have already been assigned a PEBLO at least?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">