MEB question; PTSD from sexual assault

If I may ask, were you diagnosed with a TBI after a MRI showed any objective evidence supporting the fact? If not, what process was used by medical clinicians to obtain the TBI diagnosis? Also, do you have a current diagnosis of TBI which was given by the DoVA for disability compensable benefits? I understand mTBI or concussion and how multiple mTBIs can lead to Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS).

In retrospect, I too, was suffered a mTBI without loss of concussion during 2007 combat operations in Iraq. Also, I have a long diagnosis history of vasovagal syncope. With the two diagnosis coupled and other medical conditions, I suffered numerous additional mTBIs with loss of concussion thereafter. I have a current diagnosis of PCS, but the DoVA failed to service connect the claimed condition of "TBI with residuals" due to no TBI diagnosis while in the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process.

With that all said, any feedback you potentially shall provided in greatly appreciated! Currently, I appealed the error-filled IPEB findings; therefore, awaiting contact from the USAPDA for my Formal PEB date.

Thus, possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer.

Best Wishes!

PM Sent

So here is the latest update: I have a congressional inquiry into what's going on. As I have stated above I have been discriminated and sexually harassed while being here and no one is listening anymore. They are doing their best to sweep it under the rug and play the "hero" for moving me to the Chapel awaiting my discharge. That's not how this is going to play out.

My original provider at Mental Health who initiated my Med Board also wrote my narrative summary. As I expected she exaggerated things. However I was not expecting her to blatantly lie and use that as the basis of her findings and direct correlation to my Personality disorder and PTSD. I can post the documents of the NARSUM later but as for now here is the short version:

On the NARSUM, My doctor wrote I "reportedly" pointed a gun at my head in Germany and threatened to "blow my brains out." I was then de-armed and stated that "I don't know why they are making a big deal about this." This never happened ever. She completely made that up to further strengthen her position that I am crazy.

I have all of my mental health records from Germany and not only did the above event not happen it also was correctly annotated by my real therapist at Ramstein. She more correctly stated what happened and said: "When the shop announced it was going to new hours, patient jokingly said 'might as well kill myself now' His statement was overheard and routed up the chain. this concerned his command and they went to his room to further clarify his statement. Patient was at the Auto shop and couldn't return. The command let themselves into his room and found he had Google'd phone numbers for a suicide hotline and an article about overdosing on Nyquil. Patient denies it was about hurting himself."

That is what really happened and the highlighted record I also included in my MEB package. I have forwarded it also to my Congressional liason and Im hoping at the least my Doctors summary is called into question and heavily scrutinized on why she would tell a callous unfounded lie.

Oh and she also diagnosed me with Schizotypal personality disorder.....Because apparantly now I'm crazy <uh huhhh>
The only thing crazy is that she now has a MPO against me because she fears for her life and is scared of me. She also has no basis for that. I have never once acted in an unporfessional manner while under her care. So for her to say she has changed her lifestyle and is afraid to come to work is ludicrous. She's probably scared of is being exposed as a liar which just made it that much easier for me to do. A MPO isnt going to stop the truth which is what this is coming down to.

Stand by for the official documents and NARSUM detailing her lie tonight.

Proud of you! Just keep telling the truth. The right people will believe you!

We are listening...:)

Continue the fight; continue the fight!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Very proud of you. I have seen many first termers get discharged for "failure to adapt", when they were put through situations that no one should have gone through. Looks like you helped many others, with the new bill to reveiw adjustment disorders.

So glad your shirt and chaplain had your back, especially to stand by you against the group Commander. Speaks volumes of how highly they reguard you. Keep it up and keep us informed.

~Amy

"The diagnosis appears on veterans’ discharge papers, making it harder to find employment."

My lawyer at my formal even warned me about having PTSD on your PDRL papers. Nice that the government that sends you to war to go through situations causing PTSD, but then are leering of highering you if it is shown you have it. Shame on them.

MD90SF,

First off, welcome! I am sorry I missed your earlier posts- I can't and don't see every post, so I would have responded earlier had I seen them.

Fighting the good fight.
http://www.armytimes.com/article/20131007/CAREERS/310070008

I made the cover of the AF times speaking out on the retaliation I've experienced.

I'm expecting the IPEB results back sometime soon. Then I plan on continuing to fight at the FPEB. Thanks for all the support.

I read the article. I am not saying it will hurt your case to have this article in front of the media. At the same time, I am not sure it will help. That determination is often only able to be made in hindsight.

That said, I see several things going wrong or that are unusual in your case. First, personality disorder takes two doctoral level clinicians approving and ultimate approval by the service Surgeon General. As far as "adjustment disorder" if it lasts 6 months or more, it is compensable.

I have more concerns with fighting a "fit" finding (or arguing for it) vice fighting for an unfit finding. Your case is very complicated- at least at first reading of what I know. And, I am sensing that there are likely serious errors in the case. However, I am not sure that you are fighting in the right direction (or, if you are, that you are addressing the arguments that would maximize your success). Sounds to me like you have some "leverage" based on numerous issues. I think you need some legal help to navigate the process. (Though, I know that you may not be able to access military counsel familiar with the issues at this point).

Hard to say more at this point other than to hope you get a fair and correct outcome in your case.

Sad to say that this scenario has been going on for DECADES. Before males began to come forward in greater numbers with their cases of rape, MSA/MST, females who came forward with their issues of rape, MST/MSA were hammered with this "personality disorder" and discharge all the time. FOR DECADES!

So stay in the fight! It's time for this injustice to be overturned. Way overtime!

Don't let this get you down, Buddy. Be all the Good Lord meant for you to be in this world - regardless.

V/R,
nwlivewire

The article seems somewhat confusing (not an unusual event- often times reporters miss the nuances in a technical subject).

The article says that the PEB found you "unfit." That suggests that there was a different conditions than personality disorder. The article also says," The Air Force correctly diagnosed Smith with post-traumatic stress disorder, the attorney said. But the review found no evidence of a personality disorder."

Can you clarify if you were found unfit for PTSD? If so, what was the rating provided? Did they also give a CAT III Personality Disorder? Did they recommend retirement (permanent or temp)?

I wholly understand that one of the main issues that concern you is the diagnosis of personality disorder. From the earlier article, I also understand that you were hoping for a fit finding. Is that right? From the way the article presents what happened, it sounds like the fight at the PEB was about the diagnosis and not fitness.

Jason,

Yes the Air Force also diagnosed me with PTSD but attributed most of my symptoms to the "personality disorder" they "found".

The two conditions that stuck at the FPEB were Axis 1-PTSD and Axis 2- Personality Disorder NOS with cluster B traits. They found PTSD unfitting and rated it at 50% TDRL.

Yes I was definetley hoping for a fit finding but the board was only concerned with my previous history and none of the positive achievements I've had since the MEB started. The fight at the FPEB was to take off the personality disorder as well as find my PTSD fitting. Neither of which happened, as such I filed my final appeal to the SECAF on 9 DEC and hope to hear the final decision in the near future.

The article seems somewhat confusing (not an unusual event- often times reporters miss the nuances in a technical subject).

The article says that the PEB found you "unfit." That suggests that there was a different conditions than personality disorder. The article also says," The Air Force correctly diagnosed Smith with post-traumatic stress disorder, the attorney said. But the review found no evidence of a personality disorder."

Can you clarify if you were found unfit for PTSD? If so, what was the rating provided? Did they also give a CAT III Personality Disorder? Did they recommend retirement (permanent or temp)?

I wholly understand that one of the main issues that concern you is the diagnosis of personality disorder. From the earlier article, I also understand that you were hoping for a fit finding. Is that right? From the way the article presents what happened, it sounds like the fight at the PEB was about the diagnosis and not fitness.

Jason,

Yes the Air Force also diagnosed me with PTSD but attributed most of my symptoms to the "personality disorder" they "found".

The two conditions that stuck at the FPEB were Axis 1-PTSD and Axis 2- Personality Disorder NOS with cluster B traits. They found PTSD unfitting and rated it at 50% TDRL.

Yes I was definetley hoping for a fit finding but the board was only concerned with my previous history and none of the positive achievements I've had since the MEB started. The fight at the FPEB was to take off the personality disorder as well as find my PTSD fitting. Neither of which happened, as such I filed my final appeal to the SECAF on 9 DEC and hope to hear the final decision in the near future.

Wow, simply unbelievable for sure! :mad:

To that extent, it seems that behavioral healthcare clinicians love to use the "Personality Disorder/Personality Disorder NOS with Cluster B Traits" diagnosis then apply it to Axis-II within the old DSM-IV criteria to imply that the military service member had horrific childhood experiences prior to joining military service when it's not the case!

Moreover, such a mental health diagnosis could result in the disqualification of DoVA disability compensation benefits for a mental health medical condition if there doesn't exist any medical evidence to disprove the current mental health diagnosis.

As such, I am extremely pleased to hear that the aforementioned old DSM IV Axis-II personality disorder didn't effort your potential military disability compensation benefits albeit the FPEB findings are not favorable to your expectations! :)+:(

Nonetheless, please continue to push onward in a positively proactive manner; to that extent, you shall definitely succeed in my opinion! :D

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!