MEB Question

So I am an army national guardsman with almost 13 years in service. I am 90% VA disability due to my 3 deployments to the middle east. I am also in the Federal technician program, So if I get MEB out I lose my job, but the tech job will give me 60% of my pay for one year, and 40% for the rest of my life due to when I came into the Federal civilian career. I am already drilling and not getting paid for it(drilling for points).

My question is: What is going to be the biggest difference in pension if I get boarded at 13 to 14 years verse 15years?

My med command told me that if I can keep the MEB from happening until I am close to 15 years they will do an early retirement, so this is the reason I have this question. My body is done with the physical demands of my army job.

Is the med command talking about TERA?

So I am an army national guardsman with almost 13 years in service. I am 90% VA disability due to my 3 deployments to the middle east. I am also in the Federal technician program, So if I get MEB out I lose my job, but the tech job will give me 60% of my pay for one year, and 40% for the rest of my life due to when I came into the Federal civilian career. I am already drilling and not getting paid for it(drilling for points).

My question is: What is going to be the biggest difference in pension if I get boarded at 13 to 14 years verse 15years?

My med command told me that if I can keep the MEB from happening until I am close to 15 years they will do an early retirement, so this is the reason I have this question. My body is done with the physical demands of my army job.
From what you have shared, I do not see that you have a 20 year letter. So, a LOD and a certain DOD disability rating is critical for you. See attached for reference. Ron P

Attachments

• Disability Evaluation System Fact Sheet (April 2016).pdf
    237.1 KB · Views: 16
From what you have shared, I do not see that you have a 20 year letter. So, a LOD and a certain DOD disability rating is critical for you. See attached for reference. Ron P
I have one lod from falling off an icey lmtv, but I med command said that if I am unable to carry a 40 lbs ruck then they will med board me out. my shoulders and back cant handle a 40 bls ruck anymore.

Did the injuries/illness happen while on AD?

@gsfowler
gsfowler probably knows the most about this topic.

I think that depends on your desired outcome.

Where any of your injuries evaluated while on AD?