MEB with pregnant wife

I just received notice from the Air Force that my case is continuing to MEB / IPEB. Does anyone know if it can or should be delayed due to a family pregnancy? My wife is about 7 weeks and we haven't really told anyone yet. Obviously, the stress of separation on top of a pregnancy will weigh on us.

Fortunately we have Jack Gately helping with my case. He has been awesome. That reduces some of the stress.

I figured I would ask here first to get experience and opinions on what to do. I am confident I could get my leadership to go to bat for whatever we think we need. But NGB directing an MEB may also take it out of their hands at this point?

The whole process is supposed to be 4 months (at minimum). If you take all days required to sign forms (3 days to return narsum) and appeal your findings or change appointments….. you definitely could make this go way passed her due date.(people do it all the time so they can retire at the 20 ye mark.) Also if you are trying to make sure you have insurance you can get Medicaid for pregnancy. I did this while in the army simply because I wanted a certain doctor. Covers everything. Hope this helps

I just received notice from the Air Force that my case is continuing to MEB / IPEB. Does anyone know if it can or should be delayed due to a family pregnancy? My wife is about 7 weeks and we haven't really told anyone yet. Obviously, the stress of separation on top of a pregnancy will weigh on us.

Fortunately we have Jack Gately helping with my case. He has been awesome. That reduces some of the stress.

I figured I would ask here first to get experience and opinions on what to do. I am confident I could get my leadership to go to bat for whatever we think we need. But NGB directing an MEB may also take it out of their hands at this point?
You have excellent legal representation. There isn't anything that you can do to delay, slow down, or speed up the process. It's out of leadership's hands. However, most of the process is just waiting. Other than going to C&P exams everything else is done remotely so I would focus on getting the best results and that's the best you can do. The rest of your time should be focusing on what you are going to do when out and taking care of your family.

Your wife being pregnant will not change the process. If you’re concerned about health care. Your family will be covered by TriCare. If retired you retain TriCare, if separated for medical reasons you will be eligible for Transitional TriCare.