Medically separated

Theone

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If you were medically separate in 2012 from the Army National Guard but you wanted to go through the medical Board but you're liaison tricked and you had a severe LODS to be medically retired. I had less than 4 years in the National Guard. Is there anyway I can still get a medical Board evaluation and be medically retired?

Hello,
I am about to begin the medical removal process from several service connected injuries/disabilities (LOD's included) and I'm in that national guard. I only have 4 years inn. I've been told that when they find I'm unfit for duty from those service connected injuries that I will be offered two options;
1. Take a quick and easy medical discharge without any further process.
2. Continue the process:
Can someone unpack this for me. I've also been told that because I have very little time in, that it could only be detrimental to my already existing high VA rating to go further into the process and that I should just take the simple medical discharge.

If you were medically separate in 2012 from the Army National Guard but you wanted to go through the medical Board but you're liaison tricked and you had a severe LODS to be medically retired. I had less than 4 years in the National Guard. Is there anyway I can still get a medical Board evaluation and be medically retired?