Need help estimating my retired pay/CRDP

Akroyer001

PEB Forum Regular Member
I could not find any threads that were like my situation, some close but not exactly.

I have finished MEB/PEB/VA rating.

Here are my stats:

PEB findings were 10%, but the 199 specifically stated that I was to be permanent disability retired at 20 years
E7
20 years, 19 days of service
Permanent disability retirement (already have DD214 and PDRL orders)
VA preliminary percentage: 90%
Took CSB/REDUX at 15 years. (apparently I am over 20 years so the waiver for reduced retirement % CSB/REDUX does not apply)

I keep getting a gazillion different answers from people telling me the "10%" finding from the PEB is calculated into my retirement somehow.

What will be my pay if anyone can help? Thank you for any response.

its not the 10% you should be looking at. Its the 90. The 90 i believe entitles you to concurrent receipt. Your DoD retirement will be 50% of your top 3- Now with that being said you will still face the 1% loss in cost of living adjustments annually, with the one time catchup at 62. The "waiver" you mention is for repayment of the bonus.

Okay I thought that was the way it should be, but I am being told something else by finance. You just got to love when the people that should know...don't! I guess I will find out when I finally get my first retirement pay and CRDP. :eek:

Well you should of gotten a 199 or similar form with a breakdown of benefits on it with your discharge packets etc. at least i think thats the way it works.

For those with more than 20 years of active federal service, you get the higher or the percentage awarded OR 2.5% times years of service actually paid, regardless of the awarded percentage.

Thanks Jason! It is so frustrating when the people at personnel and finance give out bogus information.

Well you should of gotten a 199 or similar form with a breakdown of benefits on it with your discharge packets etc. at least i think thats the way it works.

Thanks for the information. I just went and checked all of the paperwork including the 199 and I received no breakdown or estimate of what my pay would be. Was this something that should have been given to me by the PEBLO?