peb vs. adsep

bananainabox

Registered Member
So backstory, I have been in the military for around 3 and a half years now turns out my body doesn't like it and I have epilepsy. I'm already on a med board my PEBLO already has my ratings and such. About 2 to 3 months ago my SgtMaj pulls me into his office and tells me that I'm getting an administrative separation, at this point I'm just wondering why they didn't just let me have my med board in the first place considering I was almost done, they are refusing to do my non-medical assessment and have been for about 3 months now, they told me that the N.m.a was still in the works and it "has been" for about 2 to 3 weeks, I have been talking with my PEBLO almost every day trying to figure out what's going on. I have come to the realization that they are doing shady stuff because they won't even email my PEBLO back they'll call him but I feel as if they do not want to have anything in writing. Essentially they had told me that the ADSEP would be quicker, now it's adding on to my time and I just want to be out already. I was fine with it, to begin with, they told me it was basically whichever one got done first and now they're purposefully not doing my N.m.a and holding up the process for my med board ensuring that the ADSEP gets done first. Basically, I'm freaking out not knowing who to turn to and I need help. I also need to know, if I do end up getting out on a general under honorable, will my VA ratings change?

Your med board might be held up due to the Admin Sep. But, once they both get done the separation authority decides whether to separate you medically or administratively.

I’m fairly certain the deciding factor on this is your post commander. Based on first hand knowledge, Generals usually take the word of a CPT about 5% more than a fuzzy private. Unless you turned CSM’s desk into a field latrine, he’s prob getting his info from your 1sg.
let your command waste their time. Just avoid anything that COULD impact you negatively.

I’m fairly certain the deciding factor on this is your post commander. Based on first hand knowledge, Generals usually take the word of a CPT about 5% more than a fuzzy private. Unless you turned CSM’s desk into a field latrine, he’s prob getting his info from your 1sg.
let your command waste their time. Just avoid anything that COULD impact you negatively.
By COULD, I mean ht/wt, pt, disrespect authority, etc

I disagree. The admin sep packet will likely include recommendations from the chain of command, but they do not typically provide input on selecting the admin sep vs the med board. It’s highly unlikely that anything from the 1SG is going to make it into the file. The separation authority will review the files independently.

By COULD, I mean ht/wt, pt, disrespect authority, etc
i have 2 negative paperworks for being late and 1 for a speeding ticket I got about 2 years ago. i have done nothing of the likes of pissing on anyones desk. my height and weight could be something that gets me considering I cant really do anything about it I cant run because my hips are fucked and I cant swim unless I have some one with me in case I start seizing out I have tried dieting, I'm not allowed to take diet pills because they fuck with my meds. so again nothing I can do about that. i am going tomorrow to get legal assistance to see if there's anything I can do. they're basically trying to keep me in the dark about everything I have to pull teeth just to get the updates I have and they're very vague at best, I have pulled out all the stops I can think of. i really need this because when i get out it is going to be very difficult for me to find a decent job with all my medical issues. they broke me and they're trying to screw me out of my benefits and its really fucking frustrating.

Look at AR 635-200, paragraph 1-33. It covers disposition through medical channels.

what do you mean med boards come first? every one in my chain of command has told me that legal takes precedence. i am going to try to fight it i just fear it may be too late.
They’re wrong. Again, just let them waste their time. CG determines meb or admin. Ain’t no o5 or up gonna give that bs late counseling and a traffic ticket the time of day.

Yes, legal does take precedence. That's if if you broke the law and they are processing you for that. However, say they are trying to ADSEP you for not meeting height and weight standards then MEDBOARD takes precedence. If the ADSEP if for not meeting standards and nothing to do with the law, then MEDSEP take priority.
what do you mean med boards come first? every one in my chain of command has told me that legal takes precedence. i am going to try to fight it i just fear it may be too late

Yes, legal does take precedence. That's if if you broke the law and they are processing you for that. However, say they are trying to ADSEP you for not meeting height and weight standards then MEDBOARD takes precedence. If the ADSEP if for not meeting standards and nothing to do with the law, then MEDSEP take priority.
In cases of Chapter 14 (misconduct) cases, no action will be taken on the admin sep until the MEB is completed. The GCMCA will decide whether to refer the case to the PEB if UCMJ has not been initiated. While UCMJ precludes referral, “legal” does not take precedence.

Quick question, where is your lawyer( from the office of the soldier counsel ) or your OMBUDSMAN on this?

In cases of Chapter 14 (misconduct) cases, no action will be taken on the admin sep until the MEB is completed. The GCMCA will decide whether to refer the case to the PEB if UCMJ has not been initiated. While UCMJ precludes referral, “legal” does not take precedence.
Where is the regulation that says this?