Pilot Program Follow- up Rating

navypeb

PEB Forum Regular Member
I was processed under the Pilot Program late last year and am currently on TDRL. Does anyone know what happens at the 1.5 year mark? Do I get re-evaluated by the VA, or will the Navy do my re-evaluation for a new percentage? I'm just not sure what happens with the next step, and I haven't seen anything definitive in the guidance.

Thanks. :D

Dear Friend,

1. To play it safe, I would highly recommend that you send an e-mail to Mr. Ken Mayhue at BUPERS to ensure that he has your up to date contact info.

2. You see, it is his branch, not Tonjua Howard- the TDRL Coordinator at the Navy PEB- who actually schedules TDRL re-eval physicals and there is much confusion right now over TDRL re-eval scheduling re the pilot program.

3. Frankly, for now I expect them to process your case just like a normal TDRL case. However, Ken would know the answer to that question better than anyone here as he is the guru on this issue for the Navy.

4. You may send him an e-mail with your contact info and question about scheduling at [email protected]

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

v/r

Jack Gately

Nice to know that the Navy has to follow the VA rating for at least a year before they can low ball the rating and toss me. This is such a nightmare.

Jack,

Thanks for the information. I guess I should be more grateful, but I've heard too many horror stories of the Services NOT following the VASRD, and issuing whatever rating they want. The whole thing is just frustrating. I do appreciate the response though.

1. Many of those who wind up being separated from the TDRL find themselves in this position because they were not prepared for the TDRL physical or did not keep up with their medical appointments.

2. You need to have a printout of the meds that you have been taking and be sure to have seen a physician at least 3-4 times per year for each Cat I condition for which you were placed on the TDRL.

3. I would highly recommend that you do the same for any Cat II ( contributing but not separately unfitting) conditions as well.

4. It would benefit you greatly if you have taken the trouble of obtaining these records and bringing these documents with you to the TDRL reeval.

5. Many doctors will say that they do not want to review these records and are trying to to a de novo assessment, but most wind up reading the records that individuals bring with them to their physicals.

Good luck!

Jack Gately

Thanks for the insight. I've heard everything from don't bother bringing anything with you, to bring everything you have and bury them with paperwork.

I've got a pretty chronic condition, and it comes and goes. I can't control it, and the thought of a one day evaluation scares me to death. If it's a good day, I could be out on the street. If it's a normal day, it'll end up being the status quo. I've not yet had a really bad day in front of a doc, but I keep considering heading to the ER for documentation purposes, but that seems dumb too.

I've got more documentation than I care to think about, and am even considering seeing VA docs, just to backstop the documentation with official VA documents, but it's been six months, and the VA doesn't even have my records finalized yet.

I just wish there was more better guidance on what to do, and what they're looking for so I can provide it.

Thanks again, and my apologies for my initial spurt of "enthusiasm." :eek: