Please help.....

GUNNER28

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
so I got my NARSUM on April 26, met with attorney, everything looked good, signed it... My PEBLO told me it was sent to the PEB, but I haven't got any notification or anything saying they received it or if I am fit or unfit,... This has been almost 3 weeks now and I call my PEBLO but he just says it was sent to the PEB.... What happens next? When do I find out if I am fit or unfit or if the PEB even received my package..... Someone help please any information would be much appreciated....

Have you started your VA Claims process? Because the PEB uses the VA ratings to help determine your rating if your found unfit. Once it's submitted by your PEBLO it's just a waiting game. I had my MEB Brief on 5/28/2015 and did the VA claim and C&P Exams in the interim. Got initial recommendation for IPEB on 7/24/2015 about 2 months.

1/2012 – Breast Cancer Diagnosis
2/2013 – Completed Breast Cancer Treatment
10/2013 – Returned to Duty
2/2015 – Notified Annual RILO due
5/1/2015 – Annual RILO submitted
5/7/2015 – Full MEB Requested
5/28/2015 – MEB Briefing
6/2015 – VA Claim Submission
7/9,13,21/2015 – C&P Exams
7/24/2015 – C&P Exam Results and IPEB Results: Unfit 90/10 (Recommended Discharge with Severance)
8/2015 – Filed IPEB Appeal
10/21/2015 – Formal Physical Evaluation Board (FPEB)
10/23/2015 – FPEB Results: Unfit 90/40 (Recommended Full Medical Retirement)
10/27/2015 – Submitted MFR with Summary of FPEB Testimony
11/2/2015 – SAF Appeal Submitted
4/12/2016 – Submitted updated profile to Attorney (Pregnancy)
4/15/2016 – Received notification that SAF Appeal was about to be reviewed
4/27/2016 – SAFPC Appeal Supplemental documents submitted
5/11/2016 – SAFPC Results: TDRL @ 40%
5/11/2016 – Received Retirement Orders Effective 28 August 2016

Yes I've completed all C&P exams last month.....

My timeline is too old to compare. Based on others on this board though it's going to take some time before you here back as to fit or unfit with your percentages. There are people waiting 3+ months.

@GUNNER28, A lot of us have been there. The lines kind of go silent after the package is submitted. My best advice is to keep checking eBenefits until they update your status and that might be a good indication that you've been found unfit and they're working on your ratings. I never received official notification that I was unfit and I know that's the case for several others on here as well. Mine took about a month and a half to go to the VA. Then I contacted the VA to confirm they did indeed receive it. They closed it out and there was a historical claim listed on March 31st, so I have a good idea it's back with the PEB for their portion of the ratings process. It sucks, the PEBLOs won't tell you much. The VA MSC did return my call though and told me they were in fact done with it and had sent it back to the PEB. So good luck and try to be patient, I know, easier said than done. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm no expert by any means but my package has been in since January so I'm a little ahead in the process if you have any wonders about anything along the way.

@CoRaCa512 thanks, I'm going to call my PEBLO again today

@CoRaCa512 thanks, I'm going to call my PEBLO again today

It took me about a month or so to see it go to the IPEB step but even then it was still 2 more weeks till I got my unfit memo. It is a terrible waiting process and at some point your PEBLO will stop answering calls or emails similar to everyone else on this forum. Just hurry up and wait!!!

Strap in for the long haul man, took mine five months from the time it was sent out to come back. Almost 9 if you count when I went to sign the first bunch of papers. Now Im just waiting on my EAS date to post.

As of lately, the PEBLOS (from what I've read and in my case) will not tell you, you are fit or unfit until they have everything back at once. Findings and all. Like CoRaCa512 stated using Ebenfits as a tool to gauge where you are at along the process is a decent idea. As of lately when the your package is sent to VA. Ebenefits will open up another claim labeled IDES. Note: if your package is sent to the VA it's a strong indication you were found unfit. And that's when monitoring your Ebenefits for updates will come in to play. Good luck and if you have questions along way don't be afraid to ask.

As of lately, the PEBLOS (from what I've read and in my case) will not tell you, you are fit or unfit until they have everything back at once. Findings and all. Like CoRaCa512 stated using Ebenfits as a tool to gauge where you are at along the process is a decent idea. As of lately when the your package is sent to VA. Ebenefits will open up another claim labeled IDES. Note: if your package is sent to the VA it's a strong indication you were found unfit. And that's when monitoring your Ebenefits for updates will come in to play. Good luck and if you have questions along way don't be afraid to ask.
No one tells you anything thats the most frustrating part about it. I stressed everyday checking ebenefits, calling the VA, any number I could dig up. It definitely did not make it go any faster, but handle it how you need to make you feel good about it brother. The relief when I got mine bad was amazing.

so I got my NARSUM on April 26, met with attorney, everything looked good, signed it... My PEBLO told me it was sent to the PEB, but I haven't got any notification or anything saying they received it or if I am fit or unfit,
You normally will not receive any notification from the PEB as to receipt of your MEB case findings and case documents. They have to consider your case before deciding whether you are fit or unfit and as to your case findings from the Informal Physical Evaluation Board.

This has been almost 3 weeks now and I call my PEBLO but he just says it was sent to the PEB
That is the only answer that you can get. It may take several weeks (or months) until the IPEB issues a decision.

What happens next? When do I find out if I am fit or unfit or if the PEB even received my package

You won't receive any update or notification as to receipt of your case from the PEB (IPEB). They will review your case and issue a decision. When they do, you will be notified of the results and will have an opportunity to review the results and decide whether you agree and accept the finding or, if you disagree, to demand a formal PEB hearing.

It may be several months until you hear more.

Best of luck with a favorable outcome.

Received a msg on MOL today saying my case has been accepted by the PEB.....

My PEBLO told me the next msg I should receive is one on MOL that say case has been sent to the VA by the PEB... and that basically means you are unfit...

Anyone have any experience with that or have gotten that msg?

I never got the one saying it was going to the VA but I got my unfit memo so idk maybe its a crap shoot

@jp166901 how did you get your memo.? Are you USMC?...

so I got my NARSUM on April 26, met with attorney, everything looked good, signed it... My PEBLO told me it was sent to the PEB, but I haven't got any notification or anything saying they received it or if I am fit or unfit,... This has been almost 3 weeks now and I call my PEBLO but he just says it was sent to the PEB.... What happens next? When do I find out if I am fit or unfit or if the PEB even received my package..... Someone help please any information would be much appreciated....
If you unfit through your MTF then PEB is a rubber stamp. Sometime their backed up do to change over of new crews. # weeks is not enough time for alarm. That is, 3 week is generally the minimum timeline when running smooth.

@jp166901 how did you get your memo.? Are you USMC?...

No I am Army. I got my memo from my PEBLO. But still the only message I ever got was that the IPEB was finished.

It is indeed a frustrating situation and process. I memory dumped everything i read up while i was in IDES on 38cfr and m21. But i also made sure to use my lawyers the entire process as they also explained everything in great detail any of my concerns and helped my process go smoother.

Received a msg on MOL today saying my case has been accepted by the PEB.....

My PEBLO told me the next msg I should receive is one on MOL that say case has been sent to the VA by the PEB... and that basically means you are unfit...

Anyone have any experience with that or have gotten that msg?

Gunner, I received a message on MOL when the MEB accepted my package and then one when the PEB accepted it. My package was accepted by the PEB in March 2016. My ebenefits updated yesterday to "Under Review" and opened a second claim. I have not received word of a fit/unfit but read that "under review" means that the VA has my package so it's a good indication that I'm unfit but nothing official as of yet. I have not received anything on MOL about my package being sent to the VA but it looks like the VA definitely has it.

I spoke with someone in the VA chat today. Not sure why she says I have no estimated completion date when ebenefits puts it as a September timeframe. I just take it for what it is. lol

"As we researched your records, we determined you currently have a claim in process under the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES). We received your claim on 10/30/2015, for multiple conditions. Our records indicate a proposed rating was completed on 5/19/2016.

Proposed ratings are estimated rating for different issues of your claim. At this time, we do not have an estimated completion date for your claim, but we assure you we will resolve your claim as quickly as possible. Please understand that the time your claim takes to complete is based on the specifics of your claim and VA’s pending workload."

Last edited: