Retirement orders

Andher

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I was wondering, are the orders you receive for a medical retirement different than normal orders? I just received mine but the format looks more like a letter than actual orders?

I have no idea but I have a question for you if you don’t mind? How long did you have to wait for orders I’ve been waiting 22 days now

Hello everyone,

I was wondering, are the orders you receive for a medical retirement different than normal orders? I just received mine but the format looks more like a letter than actual orders?
Army retirement orders look like...normal orders. USAF: I have rarely seen those.

@chaplaincharlie and @Provis are two among others who probably can help you.

Ron

I have no idea but I have a question for you if you don’t mind? How long did you have to wait for orders I’ve been waiting 22 days now
It took me 3 days 2 of those days were the weekend though to receive my separation checklist and the next day I had my “orders”

Army retirement orders look like...normal orders. USAF: I have rarely seen those.

@chaplaincharlie and @Provis are two among others who probably can help you.

Ron
Thought they were supposed to look like normal orders as well but these just look like a memorandum or something with my separation date

Thought they were supposed to look like normal orders as well but these just look like a memorandum or something with my separation date
My shirt and I where talking last week and she said the orders system was down and she had to separate someone without orders maybe that’s why?

My shirt and I where talking last week and she said the orders system was down and she had to separate someone without orders maybe that’s whyw
My shirt and I where talking last week and she said the orders system was down and she had to separate someone without orders maybe that’s why?
I feel like they would wait to give me my orders at that point until after they got that fixed

You should get a real order.

Air force retirement orders definitely look different from separation orders and confuse a lot of people when they get them. I can't see what yours looks like but I would go to your MPF to confirm.

Air force retirement orders definitely look different from separation orders and confuse a lot of people when they get them. I can't see what yours looks like but I would go to your MPF to confirm.
On the “orders” it just states “special order” giving me my separation date but no other information is given apparently I should have my dependent information on my orders as well though?