Slow Timeline - JBSA

AverageNonner

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
16 Dec 21 Received email from PEBLO they received code 37
21 Dec 21 Initial brief with PEBLO complete
13 Jan 22 NARSUM completed, sent to PEBLO
14 Feb 22 PEBLO Office Medical Provider completed local review, PEBLO requests updated NARSUM from Medical
17 Feb 22 Medical sent updated NARSUM, PEBLO requests Commander's Impact Statement
22 Feb 22 Impact Statement sent to PEBLO
03 Mar 22 DAWG reviewed case, case sent to AFPC
30 Mar 22 ?

I understand that the process takes time but I find it very discouraging that I am 3 months past my first contact with my PEBLO and I am still in the pre-DES stage. Most of it has been blamed on understaffed PEBLO office and unfamiliarity with the new medical system MHS Genesis. My wedding is in September and I hope to be done with all this by then.

I look at your timeline and am jealous. I had my code 37 applied on Jan 10th and they still have not completed my NARSUM.

EDIT: With the above said. I was told that AFPC has 10 days once it is sent to them to recommend full MEB or not. And from all the timelines ive been reading they have been pretty much all within those 10 days. I'd reach out to PEBLO if you haven't already.

The IRILO phase seems to go by the slowest. Honestly your case is going by pretty quickly though. Once you get briefed into IDES its about 2-3 months on average until you are out of the military if you have a decent amount of leave saved up. For reference I started my code 37 in September at JBSA and I am now in the IPEB phase which is the final leg of the MEB.

12 Apr 22 PEBLO received the FL4 from AFPC Medical Standards. Recommend full MEB.

If anyone is waiting at this step currently, it took 5 and a half weeks for me.

Update:
14 Feb 22 PEBLO Office Medical Provider completed local review, PEBLO requests updated NARSUM from Medical
17 Feb 22 Medical sent updated NARSUM, PEBLO requests Commander's Impact Statement
12 Apr 22 AFPC recommends full MEB
14 Apr 22 First contact from VA MSC
19 Apr 22 Meeting with VA MSC to fill out paperwork and discuss claims
2-5 May 22 VA C&P examinations through QTC

Update:
2-5 May 22 VA C&P examinations through QTC
We are in the same process have all my va exams this week.

Went to my head to toe exam today but it only took 30 minutes. I did the weight, height, eye sight, and movement test with the protractor thing and that was it. I was supposed to have radiology and labs today but when I finished with the movement exams the doctor said he cancelled them and that i don't need them. This seems really weird to me

Went to my head to toe exam today but it only took 30 minutes. I did the weight, height, eye sight, and movement test with the protractor thing and that was it. I was supposed to have radiology and labs today but when I finished with the movement exams the doctor said he cancelled them and that i don't need them. This seems really weird to me
I don’t know if thats good or bad. I was with the Doc for hours for my head to toe exam

It may not be in your favor. I'm trying to find out how to deal with an examiner that lied on my ROM (He struggled greatly with the goniometer at first, so he may just be incompetent). OR, Maybe he saw enough evidence in your medical history to confirm your claim. Looks like you will be waiting in suspense until the exam is uploaded into TOL.

It may not be in your favor. I'm trying to find out how to deal with an examiner that lied on my ROM (He struggled greatly with the goniometer at first, so he may just be incompetent). OR, Maybe he saw enough evidence in your medical history to confirm your claim. Looks like you will be waiting in suspense until the exam is uploaded into TOL.
Let the anxiety begin lol

It took 24 days for my last DBQs to get uploaded....you have to be close!
I hope so. I have learned this is not a fast process at all…alot of hurry up and wait. But that us the military way I suppose

How long should I expect before being contacted the first time?

My PCM put my permanent profile in (which triggered MEB referral) on April 29, 2022. It has been 19 days now and to my knowledge I have not received an email or phone call. Is this normal, or should I try to contact someone from JBSA PEB office?

How long should I expect before being contacted the first time?

My PCM put my permanent profile in (which triggered MEB referral) on April 29, 2022. It has been 19 days now and to my knowledge I have not received an email or phone call. Is this normal, or should I try to contact someone from JBSA PEB office?
Your permanent profile triggers a DAWG review, not MEB from my understanding. The provider presents your case to the DAWG, who then decide to code you as 37 or not. The code 37 initiates the IRILO. The IRILO investigation recommends a full MEB review or return to duty. The PEBLO office cannot contact you or discuss anything until you are coded from my understanding. I recommend reviewing AFI 36-3212, provided a lot of info for myself. Here is my timeline.
DAWG Reviewed Package/IRILO Initiated
12/17/2021​
Code 37 Applied
12/17/2021​
Physical Health NARSUM
1/7/2022​
Commander Impact Statement
1/11/2022​
Package to AFPC
1/21/2022​
Full MEB Notification
2/4/2022​
PEBLO Brief
2/7/2022​
Contacted by VA Rep
3/2/2022​
Exams Scheduled
3/7/2022​
First Exam (Mental)
3/8/2022​
2nd Exam (Audiology)
3/9/2022​
Last Exam (Head to Toe)
3/10/2022​
All results loaded to TOL
3/17/2022​
PEBLO received C&P exams, requested NARSUMs
3/24/2022​
Package submitted to AFPC/PEB
4/1/2022​
PEB receipt confirmation email
4/7/2022​
PEB Decision Briefing with PEBLO
4/28/2022​
Accepted/Signed Results
5/5/2022​

Your permanent profile triggers a DAWG review, not MEB from my understanding. The provider presents your case to the DAWG, who then decide to code you as 37 or not. The code 37 initiates the IRILO. The IRILO investigation recommends a full MEB review or return to duty. The PEBLO office cannot contact you or discuss anything until you are coded from my understanding. I recommend reviewing AFI 36-3212, provided a lot of info for myself. Here is my timeline.
DAWG Reviewed Package/IRILO Initiated
12/17/2021​
Code 37 Applied
12/17/2021​
Physical Health NARSUM
1/7/2022​
Commander Impact Statement
1/11/2022​
Package to AFPC
1/21/2022​
Full MEB Notification
2/4/2022​
PEBLO Brief
2/7/2022​
Contacted by VA Rep
3/2/2022​
Exams Scheduled
3/7/2022​
First Exam (Mental)
3/8/2022​
2nd Exam (Audiology)
3/9/2022​
Last Exam (Head to Toe)
3/10/2022​
All results loaded to TOL
3/17/2022​
PEBLO received C&P exams, requested NARSUMs
3/24/2022​
Package submitted to AFPC/PEB
4/1/2022​
PEB receipt confirmation email
4/7/2022​
PEB Decision Briefing with PEBLO
4/28/2022​
Accepted/Signed Results
5/5/2022​
Thank you for your reply. That makes sense that they are probably reviewing more and I just need to be more patient. I was just curious how long it took from the profile being placed to any type of email or phone call, so it seems like I have more time before I need to worry about it

Thank you for your reply. That makes sense that they are probably reviewing more and I just need to be more patient. I was just curious how long it took from the profile being placed to any type of email or phone call, so it seems like I have more time before I need to worry about it
Yeah same as SgtSnuffy said, profile doesn't mean much right now. It's all about the code 37. If they decide to code you, then the PEBLO office will contact you.

Update:
Pre-DES

MEB
02 May 22 First VA C&P examinations through QTC
05 May 22 Last VA C&P exam
08 May 22 All exams in TOL
26 May 22 Signed 618, moving to IPEB