So Very Frustrated

Hi All,

I've been combing through threads with no luck finding an answer that pertains to my situation.

I received a letter in March 2018 (orig sent in 9/2016) stating I would be upgraded to retirement stats (YAY!); I met with a Luke AFB civilian for SRB briefing in June 2018. Filled out paperwork and was told it would be forwarded to Ms. Adams for processing. Naturally, I emailed Ms. Adams to check my status, and low and behold a notarized paper was missing that was needed. I had to get a paper notarized stating I was not married from the time of my separation until March 2018; I happened to have gotten married the week before I received my PDBR results.

I got the paper notarized and sent back to Ms. Adams. She informed me that once she sent everything on to PDBR, it was in their hands and to email them for updates. She also stated it could also take another year for everything to be said and done.
I realized that the civilian at Luke told me that it would be easier to add my new husband and step kids to DEERS after everything was processed. She also told me I only have a year from the marriage date to add him...uh, well that may not work since it may take a year to finalize.

My issue: I have emailed PDBR with my concerns about the adding of my spouse, and the first response I got was that I should hear from someone the next day with an update. No such luck. I have emailed two more times since, and have not received a single response. I feel like if I email again, I will just get pushed to the back of the stack. How do I get a response? Also, my PD form is not on the PDBR website at all. It's like they skipped over mine. The one prior and the one previously numbered are there, but not mine. Just makes me not trust that my case is being dealt with accordingly.

Any advice? Any guidance on AF timeline in between my SBP briefing and when I can go to the base and get our ID's? Did anyone else leave the DD 2656 in someone else's hands to submit? I thought this was the process...

Thanks in advance for any helpful reply...

Hello Skoobs. You are in a similar situations as a few of us on here. I finished my SBP briefing the end of July. It was done over the phone with Ms. Adams because I live more then 50 miles from an AFB. She then sends it back to the board so they start the process of getting new orders cut and DD-214/215. From a couple of the timelines (more recent) on here its looking like 4 months from the SBP brifing to when to new orders, but dont quote me on that! I have sent an email out as well just trying to get a followup and have heard nothing either.

Sent a letter to my senator a few weeks ago and emailed his aid today about the lack of support/communication we have been receiving during this process. We will see if I hear anythin back.

I would think (hope) you should see your orders before this one year mark. Once you get you orders/214 you can contact DEERS and got to RAPIDS sight with you and your husbands info to get IDs.

Keeps us updated on anything you hear back on.

Hi, Perci! Thank you so very much for your response. Fingers crossed for four months vs. another twelve.

I will definitely keep everyone posted, and will add a timeline to help others "guesstimate" as I get further in the process. I keep reading here that the AF is the slowest of the branches to finalize changes.

I like the idea of writing a Senator. I was thinking about which avenue to try if I hear nothing back. Maybe this is a good way to go. I'm in AZ, and with all the bad VA publicity here the last few years, maybe it would help. I don't mind waiting, but I just worry something will happen where it will be a fight to have my husband added.

Again, thanks for the response; it is greatly appreciated!

Skoobs

So, go figure as soon as I post this the PDBR board responds back in an email, "The PDBR has no insight on actions taken by the services once a retirement decision has been made. You will need to coordinate with your service representative at AFPC."

So now we have no contact I guess? Ms. Adams had told me she sends this paperwork back to the board so they can cut our orders.

So, go figure as soon as I post this the PDBR board responds back in an email, "The PDBR has no insight on actions taken by the services once a retirement decision has been made. You will need to coordinate with your service representative at AFPC."

So now we have no contact I guess? Ms. Adams had told me she sends this paperwork back to the board so they can cut our orders.

Seriously? I see this happens a lot. Wonder if someone is monitoring the forum under cover lol

Ms. Adams told me the same thing; basically, once she sends it off, we can contact PDBR for status updates. Who exactly would our representative be? Ugh. Time to start drafting some letters I suppose...

I just forwarded her this email I got from the board. We'll see what she says.

Hope you had a great Labor Day...
Any news?

Ms. Adams evidently forwarded my email to the PDBR. This is what I got back:

Updated response from PDBR email this morning:

Your email to Ms. Adams at the SBP office has been forwarded to us for a response. To help you understand how the process works, the role of the PDBR is to review Physical Evaluation Board findings for accuracy and render a recommendation to the military department. Once the recommendation is made, the PDBR has no further role in processing applications. The military department may accept of decline to accept the recommendation of the PDBR. A recommendation to correct a record to disability retirement once accepted is forwarded the SBP office to obtain an SBP election. Once obtained, that is the extent of the SBP office’s knowledge or involvement in processing of the application. Once the SBP election is obtained a Directive is prepared and signed which directs the appropriate offices at the Air Force Personnel Center to correct the military records. Once the Secretary of the Air Force’s designee signs the directive a copy is provided to the individual involved and to the offices at the Air Force Personnel Center responsible for making corrections. The office of the Physical Evaluation Board is required to revoke the separation orders and publish retirement orders. The Retirement office is required to publish a revised DD Form 214. Once those corrections are made a copy the corrected documents are furnished to the applicant, to DFAS and to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Once the applicant receives a copy of the DD Form 214 a retired ID card may be obtained at the nearest ID card facility. Be advised that the offices responsible for making these corrections are currently working a backlog of corrections, in addition to their current workload and it may take up to 30-60 days for the corrective documents to be prepared. Rest assured efforts are being made however, to complete these actions as quickly as possible.

I called AFPC last week and they had found my paperwork. The person I spoke with told me it was on her supervisors desk and the are "expediting" to retirements. She said call AFPC back in 10 duty days. I guess we will see what happens.