System(s) that VA uses

sw78

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good afternoon everyone! I hope you’re all doing well. I wanted to see if anyone knows which system(s) the VA, VA raters, etc. uses.

Here is a little background. Upon being referred for an MEB, I met with my MSC like everyone else. I gave her all of my buddy letters and personal letters for her to upload as she requested. I logged into ebenefits and va.gov but didn’t see anything that I had given her. I sent an email to her and her response was that I won’t be able to see them as only the va will be able to see them.

Does this make sense? Does anyone have any information regarding this. Doesn’t make sense to me to have documents like that not viewable to me or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks!

I guess I should add that my MEB is currently waiting for ratings and I hate that I cannot keep anyone accountable because I cannot verify whether or not they uploaded some documents. I have no reason to doubt her though.

I can not speak to the VA, but from what I learned in the service is that multiple systems exist. Some update from others, some don't. Those that update don't update at the same time and some only update periodically. Despite what we see on TV there is no single system that accesses across all government systems.

Thanks to you both for the replies. Chaplain Charlie...you actually made me laugh on your post because it seems to make sense to have a system that updates each other.

Thanks to you both for the replies. Chaplain Charlie...you actually made me laugh on your post because it seems to make sense to have a system that updates each other.
eBenefits is a good example.

VA employees do not update eBenefits. Several former and active Veterans Service Representatives (VSR) and Ratings Veterans Service Representatives (RVSR) have revealed that they never look at eBenefits; it is not even a consideration since they do not update it.

I have often referred to eBenefits as a pirate system. It takes from others and generates little on its own (i.e., it obtains info from other VA systems). Addtionally, the projeccted dates on eBenefits do not necessarily apply to one's claim. Those dates are statistical averages for similar claims.

The Veterans Benefits Management System (VBMS) is a major source of info for eBenefits. That system causes many of the updates in eBenefits.

Ron

Thanks Ron...I appreciate the info. It just seems like information can get lost somewhere. For instance I just did a class and the instructor is a retired vet and has been for about 5 years. He updated the system with a new address, called VA with the update to make sure and somehow he didn’t get a letter in the mail 3 years after changing his address because it still went to his old address.

Thanks Ron...I appreciate the info. It just seems like information can get lost somewhere. For instance I just did a class and the instructor is a retired vet and has been for about 5 years. He updated the system with a new address, called VA with the update to make sure and somehow he didn’t get a letter in the mail 3 years after changing his address because it still went to his old address.
Hello,

Strange as it might seem, the elements of the VA do not necessarily share a change of address with one another. I have seen cases where a veteran would change his/her address with the VHA (i.e., health) and that change was not shared with the VBA (i.e., compensation claims).

I submitted an address change to both the VBA and the VBA when I moved from Colorado to the San Antonio area a few years ago. I do not need the NCA yet.

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has three major components:

--The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is responsible for initial Veteran registration, eligibility determination and administration of VA's five key lines of non-medical benefits. Major benefits to Service members, Veterans and their families include:
  • Home Loan Guarantee
  • Insurance
  • Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
  • Education
  • Compensation and Pension
--The Veterans Health Administration (VHA) is home to one of the United States’ largest integrated health care systems, consisting of 167 medical centers, more than 1,400 community-based outpatient clinics, community living centers, Vet Centers and Domiciliaries. Together these health care facilities and the more than 53,000 independent licensed health care practitioners who work within them provide comprehensive care to more than 9.1 million Veterans each year.

--The National Cemetery Administration (NCA) honors Veterans and their families with final resting places in national shrines and with lasting tributes that commemorate their service and sacrifice to our Nation.

Ron