TDRL to PDRL question on %

Mayas003

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was placed on TDRL on January 2017, with 100% T&P VA and 50% DoD, for Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. Last year in October the VA did a re-eval of my PTSD and Bipolar Disorder and my % went up to 70%. The TDRL had not contact me for an eval, so I got nervous because I read here that they should send me for a test at 18 months. So I sent them an email last September and I told them that the VA did a re-eval on October of 2018. Making a long story short, after many emails, they agree to use that VA email and I just got my DD 199 with an offer of 70% DoD and placement to PDRL. I am goint to take it, but my question is how long will it take for me to get the process done? Does anyone have any idea to how many months do I have to wait to get my PDRL orders? Also, I am not sure if this will mean if I will make more money above of what I get from the VA and 100%.

If you are under 20 YOS, you will receive the greater of your 100% VA or 75% of your high-3.

I was placed on TDRL on January 2017, with 100% T&P VA and 50% DoD, for Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. Last year in October the VA did a re-eval of my PTSD and Bipolar Disorder and my % went up to 70%. The TDRL had not contact me for an eval, so I got nervous because I read here that they should send me for a test at 18 months. So I sent them an email last September and I told them that the VA did a re-eval on October of 2018. Making a long story short, after many emails, they agree to use that VA email and I just got my DD 199 with an offer of 70% DoD and placement to PDRL. I am goint to take it, but my question is how long will it take for me to get the process done? Does anyone have any idea to how many months do I have to wait to get my PDRL orders? Also, I am not sure if this will mean if I will make more money above of what I get from the VA and 100%.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In addition to @chaplaincharlie's comment, I offer the following feedback...

Q1: I am goint to take it, but my question is how long will it take for me to get the process done?
A1a: Hmm, I shall assume that you meant "DA 199" so your interactions were with the USAPDA TDRL Branch, correct?
A1b: If my assumption in "A1a" is correct then I have recent experiences with the USAPDA TDRL Branch from a couple of months ago.
A1c: From my experiences with the USAPDA TDRL Branch via an assigned PEBLO and the Fort Knox MEB Counsel Office, it took a total of 10 calendar days to complete this "specific portion" of the entire TDRL re-evaluation process. The entire TDRL re-evaluation process took a total of 83 calendar days from start to finish for my own individual situation.
A1d: The 10 calendar day "specific portion" included time to process the receipt of an original TDRL Re-evaluation DA Form 199 by the PEB from my PEBLO then receipt of a corrected TDRL Re-evaluation DA Form 199 by the PEB from my PEBLO. I required the assistance from a MEB attorney via the Fort Knox MEB Counsel Office to finally correct the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) data due to the continuing copying of erroneous information from previous TDRL DA Form 199s by the LDES PEBs. As such, it was never revised by the IDES PEB & FPEB during the last eight months of my 618 calendar days in the IDES process when on military active duty. Then, it continued into the LDES PEB process when placed onto the TDRL as a military disabled veteran for over four years.
A1e: Your individual "specific portion" could take a considerably less amount of time if you don't need to request the assistance of a PDES attorney to review the TDRL Evaluation DA Form 199.

Q2: Does anyone have any idea to how many months do I have to wait to get my PDRL orders?
A2a: In my particular situation after signing the corrected TDRL Re-evaluation DA Form 199 and forwarding it to my assigned PEBLO, it only took 16 calendar days to receive an USPS mail envelope from the USAPDA TDRL Branch with a TDRL Removal Memo, DA Orders, and a Retirement Certificate.
A2b: It's important to note that the my wife's eagle eyes noticed that the Retirement Certificate had the wrong calendar year; it was annotated as 2017. No worries. After contacting the USAPDA TDRL Branch to inform them of an error on the Retirement Certificate, it only took another three calendar days to receive a revised Retirement Certificate with the correct 2018 calendar year.

Moreover, via an U.S. Army perspective, please view the PEB Forum URL https://www.pebforum.com/threads/it...approved-via-the-secretary-of-the-army.45718/ for a detailed historical view point of my final placement onto the DoD military PDRL. Take care and have a great Veterans Day!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Thanks... I don't have to talk to a lawyer. My case was straight forward. Now, I just want to know if I need to fill out any DD form to get any retirment pay.

Thanks... I don't have to talk to a lawyer. My case was straight forward. Now, I just want to know if I need to fill out any DD form to get any retirment pay.
Indeed, you are welcome!

Upon publication of the Department of Army orders stating your placement onto the DoD military PDRL, a copy will be forwarded to DFAS Military Retirement Pay for processing to include their coordination with the DoVA VBA in order for the appropriate amount of DoVA disability compensation to be computed also. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Last edited:
You 75% of high 3 must be greater than your 100% VA. That is rare except for members that are higher on the payscale.

I was an Officer with 10 years in service when I was placed in the TDRL. My pay scale is higher than the 100% Va. I am trying to find out when my DoD pay will start once I am transferred to the PDRL list and if I must pay taxes. I know I don't pay FICA taxes.