USAPDA

Chemdawg

PEB Forum Regular Member
I'm new to this site and I'm not sure if this is the right location for this question but here it goes. I have just recieved my fpeb response and it worked out well for me. My question is, how often does the usapda change the peb ratings? I just want the situation over but every time I get done with one process I have to go through another possible game changer. Thank you in advance.

When you agree with and accept the findings, they rarely overturn them at the APDA. They only review a small portion of those cases anyway for QC, so, odds are you will be fine. Not sure how much this is helpful, if they do change things or lower rating, what the "odds" were don't matter. Still, I would think your case will be finalized/approved.

It took 41 days, but the email arrived on a Monday morning from my PEBLO requesting me to come by the office for a DA 18. All night searching, no luck on the DA 18, I get the memo, "***THIS IS AN ADMINISTRATIVE CORRECTION TO THE PREVIOUSLY ISSUED DA FORM 199, DATED......., TO CORRECT ITEMS.....*** I was shocked as too how thorough they were in examining all the evidence. This was not a standard typo or BS correction, a totally revamped and fair rating. After all I have been through it is tough to state that, but it has benefited me drastically. Sorry for pissing in peoples Cheerios but it does happen.

JBALLS77,

So, it sounds like you are pleased with the outcome? If so, congratulations!

Did you rebut the findings of the PEB (DA 199)? I think it is important to look at the procedural history. The APDA does not normally review cases that are not rebutted. So, if you did rebut, this is a different situation than Chemdawg's. But, as to your point, about fighting things to get them right, I think you are dead on correct. You can prevail in this system.

jballs77,

It sounds like your patience paid off and the PDA worked in your favor. I'm happy for you. As far as my situation is concerned, i'm just stressed out! If things ramain as they are right now for me then my family will be set but if one thing changes for the worse then gone are my families benefits. Thanks for your response, I can't find very much info on the USAPDA process on the net or a percentage of overturned PEB findings so every bit of info I get is very much appreciated.

Chemdawg

i signed and selected I concurr on my 199 but i sent a lil nasty gram along with it on the disappointment of my rating and non combat related finding...i wonder if it will get changed..i dont care, im ready to go home, which i stated in my letter...so hopefully...if things do change...its quick...im stressed out..