VA and Vacation

Chinook

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I just wanted to share something that I find hilarious....

About 2 months ago I decided that I was ready to leave my "bubble"...my 5 mile home radius...I've been terrified because I can drop anywhere at anytime with my back.

So, a couple months ago I got started with my VA processing. That's when I decided to visit my friend in the Carribean. I know that I probably should have picked a closer destination-but lodging is free this way and I have a tour guide;).

Well, The day before I left (Mon) I got a letter from the VA saying my 1st Dr. appt was on Thursday-yes, today. Well I can tell you where I am -not -today. Talk about Military timing. I called from Miami and told the coordinator that I'd have to reschedule. She was cool with it.

So, everyone, after 2 years of stress, pain, and anxiety I am in the Rainy world of the carribean! yes, I said rainy-past 2 days!:cool:

That's why I had time to catch up and read some. But now, I'm going back on island time and turning off electronics.

For those of you who encouraged me to take this vacation-I really appreciate your words. I did have a little break down of anxiety in the airport when I left-but, I am over the hump and feeling good about this.

Hopefully I'll have photo's to add to my album. Talk to you all later.

Take care,
Health and Happiness to all!

Chinook

VA timing is amazing. That being said I hope the weather clears. Maybe some snorkeling will help your back. The water is so salty you float weightlessly. Have a good one.

fdm