What happen's when the IPEB findings come back?

navy4life

PEB Forum Regular Member
I have been referred to PEB, I have an appointment with the PEBLO next week. My specific question is once the findings come back and I accept them how long do I have before I am separated. I was told by friend of a friend that worked in as the LIMDU chief for a Marine unit that I would have 14 days to accept/deny findings. From there I was told that Marines have 30 days to separate and Navy can elect 30 to 90 days to separate. He based this off of the findings form the Marines would have to sign. Is this true?
I expect my board to up by the end of the month, I am just trying to plan the move back home. Since there is no DLA or TLE, just travel its going to make things hard for us if the findings come back and we have only 30 to 44 days to schedule the move, find a house etc. (obvioulsy I am not the only one nor the first).
I am planning for the worst = 30-45 days for board + 14 stall to accept + 30 days to separate = 75-90 days. Hopefully the board will take 2+ months. We are starting to put more money back now.

In my case (Army) it took about 90 days from acceptance, not including terminal leave. I recommend you get your VA claim prepared for submission during this time and include any and all conditions that you believer are service connected and are supported by medical evidence in your records. I made copies of every medical record I could get my hands on. Good luck to you

fdm

I was in the Marine Corp and once I got my peb findings I was retired and seperated within 60 days of acceptance, and as stated I would get the VA claim rolling. This will all be explained in your classes you have to take before seperating.