What's Providence,Rhode Islands timeline?

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Best Wishes!

They received my record, 19 conditions, 1 referred condition on the 26th of February, and on the 23rd of April they completed my claim and sent it back to Randolph AFB (then from there it comes to my base for me to find out the ratings.)

My peblo said it would be about 4 weeks from being sent back (Even though most timelines here indicate about 2-3 weeks)

RI received my claim on 26 FEB 13
RI completed claim on 19 MAR 13
Signed my 356 on 8 APR 13

RI got my claim on 12 Mar
RI completed and sent to AFPC on 20 Mar
Still waiting on AFPC for 356

I think I know what my problem is.

My NARSUM has 4 unfitting conditions, the top 3 all individually warrant 100% disability according to the VA tables. My specialty doctors were very precise in documenting these issues quantitatively and clearly.

Well, I called the VA earlier tonight to inquire about my status...they read me the report they sent to AFPC...they only gave me 30%...their table of service related conditions never even mentioned any of the top four issues.
The guy on the phone at the VA thought I was crazy because he had no idea what I was talking about.
They only rated the little little stuff like migraines 30%, scars 10%, TBI 0%, PTSD 0%, retina injury 0%, nerve damage 0%, crushed finger 0%...etc.

Even though the main issues were at the top of my NARSUM, the VA didn't even ID them with 0%.
These are definitely service related conditions...stuff they happened to me in Afghanistan in 2004, 2005 and 2008.
The VA doc and my military PCM said my case was very obvious when working with me earlier this year because all my specific conditions are documented very well..oh well. I guess I'll have to appeal once I finally see my 356.

I think I know what my problem is.

My NARSUM has 4 unfitting conditions, the top 3 all individually warrant 100% disability according to the VA tables. My specialty doctors were very precise in documenting these issues quantitatively and clearly.

Well, I called the VA earlier tonight to inquire about my status...they read me the report they sent to AFPC...they only gave me 30%...their table of service related conditions never even mentioned any of the top four issues.
The guy on the phone at the VA thought I was crazy because he had no idea what I was talking about.
They only rated the little little stuff like migraines 30%, scars 10%, TBI 0%, PTSD 0%, retina injury 0%, nerve damage 0%, crushed finger 0%...etc.

Even though the main issues were at the top of my NARSUM, the VA didn't even ID them with 0%.
These are definitely service related conditions...stuff they happened to me in Afghanistan in 2004, 2005 and 2008.
The VA doc and my military PCM said my case was very obvious when working with me earlier this year because all my specific conditions are documented very well..oh well. I guess I'll have to appeal once I finally see my 356.

Can't tell you that this will definitely happen, but the IPEB should kick the case back to the VA to address the conditions that were not rated. This will, of course, extend the case processing time.

RI received my claim on 22 Feb, completed it and sent it to AFPC on 24 Apr, 9 claimed conditions

Seems like they are pretty fast but I STILL HAVENT SEEN MINE!!!! GRRRRRR. I check E-benefits daily and its stuck in review of evidence. I only had 15 referred conditions.

Seems like they are pretty fast but I STILL HAVENT SEEN MINE!!!! GRRRRRR. I check E-benefits daily and its stuck in review of evidence. I only had 15 referred conditions.
Only? Lol, 15 referred is a huge number; even 15 total is larger than average.

You should be seeing something soon! You might Lao already be done, and ebenefits is not being updated ;)

Well after calling the 1 800 number a few times I got a representative who was helpful and told me I was missing my bank info and the dependent info form. (MY PEEBLO NEVER TOLD ME ANYTHING). So I faxed it directly to the RI office. Now let's see how long it takes. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED

Only? Lol, 15 referred is a huge number; even 15 total is larger than average.

You should be seeing something soon! You might Lao already be done, and ebenefits is not being updated ;)

I didn't think that was a lot compared to others I've seen but the more the merier ;)

Well after calling the 1 800 number a few times I got a representative who was helpful and told me I was missing my bank info and the dependent info form. (MY PEEBLO NEVER TOLD ME ANYTHING). So I faxed it directly to the RI office. Now let's see how long it takes. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED

I went through RI, retired in January and still working the whole dependent issue. I completed the dependent paperwork, turned in birth certs, ss cards and marriage license in September 2012 (while I was still active duty). After retirement, VA said they had nothing and would start paying me individual (without dependent) rate, so I re-sent everything to RI and turned in another copy to my VA MSC (had them time/date stamp it as well). So, my first VA check was on May 1, and they still paid me at single rate. I looked in Ebenefits and noticed that they opened up a separate claim for "dependency" and estimated close date is Jul-Aug 2013...I know I'll get the retro pay, but it is something to keep in mind (it could happen to you) if you will be counting on every VA dollar when you leave the military.

Does anyone know Rhode island Regional offices DIRECT phone number so I can check on my case?

So, my claim went to the VA Sep 1. Been in review of evidence since then. Claim started at Eglin, Got moved to Hurby for duty. But all PEB issues still at Eglin. Most frustrating part is there is no guidance on timeframes and or status updates... Any advice please

So, my claim went to the VA Sep 1. Been in review of evidence since then. Claim started at Eglin, Got moved to Hurby for duty. But all PEB issues still at Eglin. Most frustrating part is there is no guidance on timeframes and or status updates... Any advice please

This is an old post; I was stationed at hurby when I out processed; I cannot speak for Eglin PEBLO's; but pm me for the name of my peblo on hurby (he didnt always know the answers, but he always told me the truth, and that was more important)

Thanks MB,
Spoke w my VA rep- This is what I got from her. My final package sent to VA in Sep. The reg office is behind, they are currently working Sep packages.VA is pending a decision. Peblo will contact me once decisions are back. Know what the heck this means?

Well Providence must be moving along. The VA had my case December 12, 2013. My ebenefits was at Gathering Evidence for a long time and changed to Review of Evidence two weeks ago. Today it jumped to Waiting Decision Approval! So can anybody tell me the time table from here? Thanks!

Well Providence must be moving along. The VA had my case December 12, 2013. My ebenefits was at Gathering Evidence for a long time and changed to Review of Evidence two weeks ago. Today it jumped to Waiting Decision Approval! So can anybody tell me the time table from here? Thanks!

Your stuff should be moving along soon, sooner (see what I did there). My claim went to pending decision approval at the end of Feb and I found out my ratings in the middle of March... Hopefully you'll hear something soon, sooner... (see... i did it again)