Can i be demoted for PT failure while going through an MEB?

A perm exemption doesn't go high up. It is just decided by the command you're in that you can still do your job, even with that medical problem. Where a new canadite wouldn't even get the option.

I have a question. The army diagnosed me as bipolar and retired me. I just got my severance pay after four years on TDRL. Since, I have spoken to two other docs who have confirmed that not only do I not have Bipolar, but whomever diagnosed me got their degree out of a cracker jack box (direct quote). Both of these doctors, independently, stated that I had PTSD and a momentary break. One doctor went so far as to say that if she failed to go to sleep for 5 days, she would hallucinate as well. Long story short, much better now. It was all situational and I have no problems. The problem with the western way of thinking is that there is no belief that these types of things can heal.Is there a way for me to get my diagnosis changed and go back in the Army? I'm certain the severance pay would have to be recouped, of course it already is by the VA (whenever they start to do that of course). So, is there a way? I did not receive this diagnoses until recently. is there an appeal process I can do, retroactively?

I have a question. The army diagnosed me as bipolar and retired me. I just got my severance pay after four years on TDRL. Since, I have spoken to two other docs who have confirmed that not only do I not have Bipolar, but whomever diagnosed me got their degree out of a cracker jack box (direct quote). Both of these doctors, independently, stated that I had PTSD and a momentary break. One doctor went so far as to say that if she failed to go to sleep for 5 days, she would hallucinate as well. Long story short, much better now. It was all situational and I have no problems. The problem with the western way of thinking is that there is no belief that these types of things can heal.Is there a way for me to get my diagnosis changed and go back in the Army? I'm certain the severance pay would have to be recouped, of course it already is by the VA (whenever they start to do that of course). So, is there a way? I did not receive this diagnoses until recently. is there an appeal process I can do, retroactively?

Go ahead and start up a thread on this subject. You will get much more assistance than this thread, as what you are asking is not related to this subject. I am sure somebody on here will be able to help you with your question.

Joe

Crome,
Glad your IG is moving. Hopefully something good comes from it.

As far as the MEB, I was not alluding to the fact of time/place in the process or whether MEB or PEB had been completed. Rather, that a permanent exemption had been granted. Without an exception the regulation doesn't apply.

Example: MEB is completed and service member is referred to PEB. Ten months later the IPEB results come in. Simply because the MEB referred the service member to the PEB does not mean a permanent exemption was granted. It is likely that the MEB placed some limitations, but not necessarily an FA exception.

There are protections that keep service members from being admin sep'd during the MEB to PEB process, but that is a separate issue than being discussed here.

Pittpan2005,

I am reading you clear. I appreciate your support.

Thanks

Crome45
Semper Fi

They can't do anything until the Med Board is over. The only way they can do anything is if you have a serious offense, DUI/piss hot/domestic something like that. So you should stop stressing man, stress makes you gain weight.

Just curious, how soon after being demoted does your pay change? I already have my DOD rating and plan on going down to AFPC to try to get my rating increased. I just failed my second PT test in 2 years (2 previous ones were passing scores). I failed on waiste and will be disputing that. But just wondering if they choose to demote me how soon will my check change? I was rated with 50% for my DOD MEB rating 60% for VA and was recommended for TDRL and re-eval in 6 months. I really probably have like 6 months or less left in the AF, this seems like just the dumbest thing to deal with at this juncture.

From what I've seen a month. But your 50% will be from the average 3 years, not the new change...

5.2. Exemptions. Commanders may grant exemptions as outlined in Table 5.3 Members with exemptions prohibiting them from performing one or more components of the FA will be assessed on the remaining components and scored IAW paragraph 3.10. Fitness testing exemption recommendations for medical reasons can only be made by a MTF provider or ANG MLO. All members will complete an AC assessment as listed in paragraph 5.2.5., unless they have a Deployment Availability Working Group (DAWG) approved exemption for a condition that the MTF provider/FPM/MLO deems would warrant AC assessment exemption. Temporary exemptions will not be issued for personnel still currently assigned to a unit solely for the purpose of improving currency compliance rates (i.e. impending retirements, separations, etc. where member is not on terminal leav