CRSC

Rjmish7

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello,

I have a question in regards to CRSC. Does your rank or paygrade would matter with the calculation of your CRSC? Before i got put on TDRL i recently made rank to E-6. i assumed the rank but was not paid yet. I was suppose to assume the paygrade or get paid for the rank as soon as i get out per the orders. I was just wondering if there would be some some type of effects.

Thank you,

RJ

Retired pay, for most people, is based on High-3 (your pay for the highest 3 years, 36 month). So if you are promoted upon medical retirement, your pay is not effected by promotion. This is one of the thing that hurts members whose promotion is tied up pending MEB/PEB.

Retired pay, for most people, is based on High-3 (your pay for the highest 3 years, 36 month). So if you are promoted upon medical retirement, your pay is not effected by promotion. This is one of the thing that hurts members whose promotion is tied up pending MEB/PEB.
So my promotion does nothing at all with CRSC pay at all? ok thank you

So my promotion does nothing at all with CRSC pay at all? ok thank you
chaplaincharlie is correct; your retired pay base will be the total of your highest 36 months of pay divided by 36 = high three. A promotion near the end of one's career will have little impact on the high three.

Ron

The real expert on military finance is @RonG. I suggest you allow him to answer all your CRSC.