Entering PEB - Fit / Unfit Question

Hello,
Ive been going through the PEB process since April, LIMDU starting approximately 18 months prior to that. Was hoping to get some thoughts on the potential fit / unfit determination.

Timeline:
June 2015 - Seen initially for plantar fibroma on R. Foot. Orthodic insoles were issued and did not help.
July 2016 - Fell ~2 stories into a hole while deployed with Special Operations. Injury was during standard PT, not combat or training related.
through July 2017 - Navy physical therapy treated chest injury with near no results; Strung me on multiple Light duties
Nov 2017 - First period of LIMDU - Chest injury - suspected costochondritis
Series of poor referrals that I wont get into that couldnt confirm or do anything
Apr 2018 - Second period of LIMDU - Chest injury + Plantar fibroma as fibroma had trippled in size and was now preventing running and standing.
Series of poor referrals that I wont get into.
Oct 2018 - Third period applied for.
Jan 2019 - Third period denied and resubmitted
Apr 2019 - Third period denied again / begin C&P
Aug 2019 - C&P Complete
19 Aug 2019 - Package submitted to PEB.

Basic Info
O-3 USMC Logistics Officer currently in a "B" billet but slated to return to the Fleet Marine Forces.
Board for O-4 currently in session
9 years of active service as of June 2019

Issues / Concerns:
Fitness reports for the past 2 years have been outstanding (#1 o-3 both times by reporting senior, top 3-5% by reviewing official). I currently fill an administrative role that is not typical of a Marine Officer. I am an Active Duty officer currently assigned to the Reserve HQ on 3 year orders. At the conclusion of this tour, I am expected to return to the fleet. I have been heavily involved in innovation and have significantly improved my position (1 star command) with far reaching impacts to multiple organizations (3/4 star commands). My lawyer is concerned that because I have performed, they will use that against me.

Chest injury - VA is calling it costochondritis Group XXI which would rate maximum and likely of 20% under rating code 5321. In reality it is likely slipping rib syndrome of the 4th rib (extraordinarily rare). This injury prevents me from lifting anything above 15LB, the wearing of body armor, any movements that require me to expand or contract my chest cavity (pushing / pulling motions). Painful motion is noted.

Foot injury - VA determined bilatteral pes planus & R. foot fibroma. I conservatively estimate this at coming back as 20% under 5376 & 5284 and lawyer has said it could come back as high as 40/50%. This injury prevents me from standing for any moderate period of time, eliminated my ability to run, and causes significant pain for any walking over 0.5 miles.

I submitted a personal letter explaining how both conditions effect me and my ability to conduct my job in the fleet. NARSUM says both conditions prevent me from doing my expected MOS duties. Command letter says I am non deployable and cannot do the duties expected of me as a Marine Officer of my grade and MOS.

Tried to keep this as brief as possible while providing the necessary information. If I missed something critical please let me know and happy to share that.

Can anyone with some experience answer the following:
Is it likely for a PEB to find me unfit for both conditions, or to try to separate me with the chest injury alone since it will likely come back as 20%?
How relevent are strong FITREPs when an 0-6 has made clear it is not possible for me to do the standard duties expected of my MOS?
Any other thoughts?

Thank you in advance. This site has been a huge help just reading and soaking in all of the knowledge that has been shared.

Hello,
If your non-medical NARSUM states you are non deployable , along with your personal statement, I was advised that the PEB will find you unfit. I had excellent FITREPs but my NARSUM and non medical NARSUM stated I was non-deployable. If you have been non-deployable for more than 12 consecutive months for the same condition and aren't expected to improve so that you can return to work fully deployable, you will probably be found unfit especially after 3 periods of LIMDU. I am still waiting for my VA ratings and DOD results, its been 10 months so far in this process. I think the PEB looks at each condition you were boarded for but I won't know until I see what DOD rates me at.

My package was sent up Friday for UC, my narsum stated I am non deployable due to my remicade infusions which weakens my immune system, it states it won’t be cured within the next 3 years beacause it is incurable, It also stated that if I go into remission I would be able to perform my regular duties. My command said I don’t have potential for future service and that I can’t perform 95% of my duties. Would they say I’m unfit from the looks of things

From what it sounds you should be found unfit. I recommend that you talk with your PEBLO to make sure all your conditions are sent to the PEB. A lot of weight is placed on your non-medical NARSUM when the PEB is evaluating your case. I would be surprised if you are found fit and would appeal it at a formal board if you were.

Hello,
If your non-medical NARSUM states you are non deployable , along with your personal statement, I was advised that the PEB will find you unfit. I had excellent FITREPs but my NARSUM and non medical NARSUM stated I was non-deployable. If you have been non-deployable for more than 12 consecutive months for the same condition and aren't expected to improve so that you can return to work fully deployable, you will probably be found unfit especially after 3 periods of LIMDU. I am still waiting for my VA ratings and DOD results, its been 10 months so far in this process. I think the PEB looks at each condition you were boarded for but I won't know until I see what DOD rates me at.

Thanks very much! Just got back from some TAD and was not up on most systems. It still amazes me how slow some of the parts of this puzzle move!

I hope you hear something soon! This forum has been helpful, my package sat at the PEB for 3 months (Navy). I had to call them for a status check. My VA ratings are done and back at the PEB as of Aug 21 for my DoD ratings. Still waiting....

I hope you hear something soon! This forum has been helpful, my package sat at the PEB for 3 months (Navy). I had to call them for a status check. My VA ratings are done and back at the PEB as of Aug 21 for my DoD ratings. Still waiting....
what branch are you in?

Sorry. I see that now after reading your previous message. Oops!