Getting Recommended for a MEB need advice.

A little background on me. I have 11 years active and am a current AGR in the Guard. I was diagnosed in August for Eosinophilic Esophagitis and October for PTSD. Yesterday the state behavioral health officer informed me that at my Monday appointment at the VA i need my Psychologist to fill out my restrictions because he will be giving me a P3 profile. I guess I'm just asking for advise on is there anything i should do to prepare for the MEB or anything so i can be as prepared as i can. any input would be much appreciated.

Also they are saying that i should resign my AGR position when the MEB starts. Not too sure that is a good idea.

Hoping to get guidance on how to proceed. My State BH Provider told me i need to get a Functional Capacity Certificate to show my restrictions so they can make my perm profile. The Va Doc told me that Due to legal stuff the VA can not determine fitness for duty. So now i have the State BH is telling me that i need that and the Va says they cant so its one big circle now.

Hey man I am just starting the MEB process for EoE, I wanted to see if you can answer a couple questions for me?
1. Is EoE Unfitting?
2. What percentage did you get from the military and from the VA for EoE?

Hey man I am just starting the MEB process for EoE, I wanted to see if you can answer a couple questions for me?
1. Is EoE Unfitting?
2. What percentage did you get from the military and from the VA for EoE?

How did this turn out for you? If unfit what was your dod rating for eoe

Also they are saying that i should resign my AGR position when the MEB starts. Not too sure that is a good idea.

I defiantly would not resign your AGR position.

What happens is when you go through the MEB with the guard it can take way longer than an active duty MEB. Its a long story but I've been waiting 4 years for your MEB. So your unit can't hire against your position so if you resign they can hire right away but you could have the following problems

1. Since you are AGR they normally won't do LODs and if you don't have a LOD and you are currently not AGR you have a really had time getting conditions service connected.

2. There is the 8 year rule that applies to conditions. The 8 year rule basically says that if you have over 8 years active and are currently on an active status they can't determent that condition existed prior to service and you get that condition covered and the benefits associated with it

3. if your resign and get another job they can look at the fact that you are employed as your PTSD isn't that bad and you can function normally and rate your condition lower. its not right but its what happens

Every post in this thread except the last two, were posted in July 2018 or before. Some of the folks who posted then have not been seen since.

That info does not invalidate the last two posts; just info so you have an idea whether you will receive a reply from the 2018 posters.

Good luck,
Ron
cc: @Guardguy11