IPEB quick question...

Feels like I've been through the ringer with this IDES process :( A few weeks ago VA.gov updated my case and claimed to have reached a decision on my case. Giving it about a week, I emailed my PEBLO office to see if I can find out my rating. I was quickly emailed back with a reply saying "Yes my case has been completed by the VA and NO they cannot tell me what the VA decision is" Great...so I'm overseas with no sense of direction still!! My question for those who have been through the process...is there a number or location where I can find out the rating or do I just have to sit and wait?

P.S I've looked on ebenefits.va.gov and it never updated with rating.

Hello,

Re: "...saying Yes my case has been completed by the VA and NO they cannot tell me what the VA decision is"

Great...so I'm overseas with no sense of direction still!! My question for those who have been through the process...is there a number or location where I can find out the rating or do I just have to sit and wait?
--------------------

I think you would have the same experience (i.e., "I'm overseas") even if you were in the United States. I did not go through the IDES, but I have had several VA claims and the rating(s) were never revealed until the case was finalized and notifications were sent via mail.

Some who have gone through IDES will likely add their remarks.

Hopefully, you will learn of the results soon.

Ron

Hello,

Re: "...saying Yes my case has been completed by the VA and NO they cannot tell me what the VA decision is"

Great...so I'm overseas with no sense of direction still!! My question for those who have been through the process...is there a number or location where I can find out the rating or do I just have to sit and wait?
--------------------

I think you would have the same experience (i.e., "I'm overseas") even if you were in the United States. I did not go through the IDES, but I have had several VA claims and the rating(s) were never revealed until the case was finalized and notifications were sent via mail.

Some who have gone through IDES will likely add their remarks.

Hopefully, you will learn of the results soon.

Ron

Thanks for the reply Ron! The IDES process has not been kind to me. Every single suspense has been weeks, sometimes months, longer than what is quoted on the timeline. I've been told this is the faster timeline tho, so I'm trying not to complain to much.

Although I did all my VA claims myself except my first, I did have a Veterans Service Officer (VSO) with the VFW. VSOs seemed to be the first who would receive the notification since often they were in the same building as the VA Regional Office (Denver in my case at the time).

Obviously, I know little about the system and process you have experiencing, but it seems that the PEBLO would the first person who could offer an answer. I unfamiliar with their rules and guidelines, so there might be restrictions. As mentioned earlier, maybe someone who recently completed the process can provide better info.

Good luck,
Ron

Feels like I've been through the ringer with this IDES process :( A few weeks ago VA.gov updated my case and claimed to have reached a decision on my case. Giving it about a week, I emailed my PEBLO office to see if I can find out my rating. I was quickly emailed back with a reply saying "Yes my case has been completed by the VA and NO they cannot tell me what the VA decision is" Great...so I'm overseas with no sense of direction still!! My question for those who have been through the process...is there a number or location where I can find out the rating or do I just have to sit and wait?

P.S I've looked on ebenefits.va.gov and it never updated with rating.
What address did you have listed in E-benefits/VA.gov? You should get mail with your proposed ratings sent to that address. I received my proposed ratings 4 days after the claim showed closed on VA.gov. I am Navy and at the end of the IDES process (just waiting for Navy PEB to send message to finalize findings and retire).

If you have not received that letter within 10 days of your claim showing complete on VA.gov, I recommend calling the Regional VA Office that is handling your claim. They can fax you the proposed rating (at least this is what Providence Regional Office will do). Make sure you have a fax number in hand.

Hope that helps.

What address did you have listed in E-benefits/VA.gov? You should get mail with your proposed ratings sent to that address. I received my proposed ratings 4 days after the claim showed closed on VA.gov. I am Navy and at the end of the IDES process (just waiting for Navy PEB to send message to finalize findings and retire).

If you have not received that letter within 10 days of your claim showing complete on VA.gov, I recommend calling the Regional VA Office that is handling your claim. They can fax you the proposed rating (at least this is what Providence Regional Office will do). Make sure you have a fax number in hand.

Hope that helps.

I have my current address here in Germany listed. I don't understand why they dont fax or email them in the first place...I will call the Regional VA office tomorrow. Thank you for the information!